Dreaming about crickets?

Curtis James

Established Member
To all my fellow chameleon lovers, Good morning, good afternoon and goodnight from Apollo and me :)

Also just a thought do you think chameleons are able to dream? I wonder what they dream.... I think they are way smarter then we think they are but that's just me. Any thoughts?

image.jpg

Ps. smile it looks better in you.

I sure hope they dream about the sunniest day in a big ol tree just soaking in he sun an eating up all the yummy bugs!! :D:p

I dont know if their little lizzard brains are able to enter a dream state, and I dont think anyone else does either!!

Dreaming, as we know it, requires several areas of the brain working together.
Reptiles have a very basic and primitive brain, but maybe it's enough to have
a dream state, but not like the kind we have.

I like to think they do :)

I don't know. But if they do, do you think that their dreams can affect their colors?

If they were to have a nightmare, could it be that they would get dark colors? etc.

I like to think so... If I focus too much on the science of the matter I'd have to admit he is not understanding me when I tell him to be a good boy and eat his crickets- in a baby talk voice. :)

I don't know. But if they do, do you think that their dreams can affect their colors?

If they were to have a nightmare, could it be that they would get dark colors? etc.

That's a crazy idea. Having a terrible dream and crazy colors come out. If only I could understand and see what they are thinking.

I read a thing about sleep before. Humans have to go into this stage of 'REM' in their sleep in order to start dreaming. I don't know if chameleons can do that but I hope so. I hope my little guy has nice dreams that make him happy. :)

I read a thing about sleep before. Humans have to go into this stage of 'REM' in their sleep in order to start dreaming. I don't know if chameleons can do that but I hope so. I hope my little guy has nice dreams that make him happy. :)

Yes, you're right. REM actually stands for Rapid Eye Movement. It happens the first stage of sleep that people go through. REM is when you're eyes start to move rapidly under the eyelids. Don't think chams can do that though!

I think my chameleon had a nightmare once because I was watching him sleep and he like flinched ad woke up. Nothing in the cage was moving and I did not touch him. FREAKY DREAMS! XD

My panther dreams about murdering me in my sleep- ok, maybe not - he's getting a bit better - my jackson dreams about flies .....

That's what I'm saying just what if we actually knew if they could and what would they dream it's crazy to even think about it. I believe my Cham not only has dreams. But from just hanging out with my Cham I feel he can understand me sometimes I think he is actually is listening and understands what's going on in some way. Maybe but maybe not. But who knows I'm probably just a little high pondering my thoughts. But life is crazy so who knows.

Back
Top Bottom