Drax - my new little buddy

@MissSkittles provided the correct bulb a few posts back. They require a whole other fixture. The linear (T5) bulbs provide a better output of UVB that can be used than the compact florescent (screw in bulb that has a corkscrew florescent tube.)

Okay, perhaps I didn't make my question clear, so let me rephrase. I don't always convey my thoughts in a concise manner. :D

I presently am set up with a dual-bulb overhead dome, which I know is not ideal. However, it's what I have until I upgrade to the ReptiBreeze/Fluorescent hoodlight combination that is being recommended by @MissSkittles - which I plan to do in the very near future.

In the meantime, while I am stuck with the bulb-type configuration, will the Reptisun 5.0 mini fluorescent bulb I referenced provide an -acceptable- level of UVB light for my Drax, considering she is in a small-ish enclosure for the next month or three?

I mean, if it were me I would buy the fixture you're looking to upgrade to rather than invest into a bulb I won't be using much if ever again.

Okay but I have this bulb and fixture NOW. Currently. At the moment. In the meantime. For the time being. Temporarily.

Will. It. Be. Okay. For. Now?

Okay, perhaps I didn't make my question clear, so let me rephrase. I don't always convey my thoughts in a concise manner. :D

I presently am set up with a dual-bulb overhead dome, which I know is not ideal. However, it's what I have until I upgrade to the ReptiBreeze/Fluorescent hoodlight combination that is being recommended by @MissSkittles - which I plan to do in the very near future.

In the meantime, while I am stuck with the bulb-type configuration, will the Reptisun 5.0 mini fluorescent bulb I referenced provide an -acceptable- level of UVB light for my Drax, considering she is in a small-ish enclosure for the next month or three?
The compact uvb bulb you are asking about will not provide any beneficial uvb to your chameleon. I, and many other keepers know all too well that it’s very expensive to get all set up correctly. The correct uvb is essential though and rather than wasting money on a wrong bulb, you’d be much better putting it towards the right light. The enclosure can wait a bit. The light should be ASAP. Walmart so far has the lowest price I’m able to find at the moment.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Zoo-Med-...WzLh6OTNZKoX7xOEiHN9ceUDQ2mhxdNRoCQXsQAvD_BwE

At most, three months. Most likely, next month.
The sooner you can upgrade to the correct light, the better. While I am relatively new to cham keeping, I don’t think 1 month will be too terrible. Most of us started where you are and have healthy chams. The cham that started me on this journey had not only the wrong uvb light, but had totally wrong husbandry for several months prior to me getting her and she’s healthy. Just make sure to gutload your feeders very well and dust all with your supplements.

Back
Top Bottom