Drax is lethargic

Drax did not survive. I learned a lot about chameleon husbandry and care, unfortunately my lessons cost my cham her life. I feel terrible since the mistakes I made her very fundamental and compounded each other - not enough dietary supplements and not replacing the UVB bulb after 6 months. She wasn't eating or drinking, could barely hold up her own weight, and even fell inside her enclosure yesterday. I have tried feeding her water manually with limited success, and have failed to get her to take any food, alive or dead. At half the weight she was when I took he for her first evaluation, the vet and I agreed that the best decision for her was to say goodbye.

I feel like such a schmuck, no matter how sweet and supportive the vet was. She made a point of how much more difficult female veiled chameleons are over males, and was very empathetic.

Drax did not survive. I learned a lot about chameleon husbandry and care, unfortunately my lessons cost my cham her life. I feel terrible since the mistakes I made her very fundamental and compounded each other - not enough dietary supplements and not replacing the UVB bulb after 6 months. She wasn't eating or drinking, could barely hold up her own weight, and even fell inside her enclosure yesterday. I have tried feeding her water manually with limited success, and have failed to get her to take any food, alive or dead. At half the weight she was when I took he for her first evaluation, the vet and I agreed that the best decision for her was to say goodbye.

I feel like such a schmuck, no matter how sweet and supportive the vet was. She made a point of how much more difficult female veiled chameleons are over males, and was very empathetic.
I understand why you feel this way, it's a lesson learned. But you also should realize you had no ill itention to your cham. And you took her to the vet, which is a lot more than you might think. I'm so sorry for your loss!

Back
Top Bottom