drainage ?

Jewel

We have drilled some holes in the varathaned wood floor to make a drainage spot. We are going to stick screen onto a funnel and then onto the bottom of the wood. What is the best way to stick the screen to the funnel and to stick the funnel to the varathanes wood? Thank you.

We have drilled some holes in the varathaned wood floor to make a drainage spot. We are going to stick screen onto a funnel and then onto the bottom of the wood. What is the best way to stick the screen to the funnel and to stick the funnel to the varathanes wood? Thank you.

I use a glue gun for the funnel drain.

Yep, hot glue gun ... one should be issued to every cham owner. It has a million uses with this hobby and I use mine all the time.

-roo

Thanks for the reply Heika and roo, I have a really big hot glue gun that is a professional carpenter one that gets alot hotter than most of the other ones I have seen so I will tell him to use that.

im pretty sure you could also silicone it in as a nother option but i would most likly glue gun it as well

I used to use aquarium silicone (non-toxic, safe for aquariums), but I've changed now to glue-gunning everything, because the glue dries hard, but the silicone dries to become rubbery.
I've found that over time, as more water passes over and after regular cleaning of the enclosures, the glue remains reasonably clean and intact, whereas the silicone tends to start flaking off, and also becomes brown and dirty.

That said, the silicone still has it's uses. I use fibreglass screen mesh a lot, but crickets and branches can make holes in that. By dabbing some silicone over the hole, it dries to form a patch in the fabric.

Back
Top Bottom