Drainage

KeopiCat

Avid Member
Hello everyone,
I hope you and your chams are all well!

Recently I've come to the conclusion that I am in dire need of a functioning drainage system. Clean up is just messy, and I'm worried about puddles on the bottom of the cage. So, I need advice. How would you recommend I set up a drainage system? I've read through the forum about everyone's ideas and I'm still stuck because it seems no one is in a similar situation to me. I have a 24x24x48 cage and it's resting on a 29x29x~32 table. The top of the table is about 1" thick and is made of wood, so I could make modifications there, but the legs are metal. Eventually I'm hoping to purchase a Mist King, so I want something that can handle a good amount of water.

My original idea from the forum was to cut out a square in the table, add pic pipes for support, and lay a screen on top to prevent escapes. Then the water would be funneled into a bucket below. I have a problem though: how do I attach the pipes? I only have an inch to work with and I wanted them to be flush with the table. Suggestions? Should I try to figure out a way, or should I scrap that plan?

Thanks in advance,
- Keopi and Mondo

1479856473073512538555.jpg

So I have the same cage you do I simply just bought a washing machine drip pan from Lowe's and set it on it you will probably have to use epoxy to attach the plastic pipe to the pan so it will be flush with the bottom it comes with a plastic pipe nut but the water will have to get like 1/2 inch deep b4 it will drain and that won't be any good so trash that and put the plastic pipe thru the hole and use lots of the epoxy and it will hold fine (y)

So I have the same cage you do I simply just bought a washing machine drip pan from Lowe's and set it on it you will probably have to use epoxy to attach the plastic pipe to the pan so it will be flush with the bottom it comes with a plastic pipe nut but the water will have to get like 1/2 inch deep b4 it will drain and that won't be any good so trash that and put the plastic pipe thru the hole and use lots of the epoxy and it will hold fine (y)

Would I remove the bottom of my cage then?

IMG_20161027_1846460_rewind.jpg
IMG_20161027_1848163_rewind.jpg
I got a 2 inch drain cover at Lowe's and used silicone to glue it under a cut out on my base piece. I was able to attach pipe to that. The weight of the pipe pulls the center down a bit for drainage. Because it doesn't have a flange/lip water doesn't pool around it. The parts were less than 5 bucks.

Mine is pretty much the same...

Only the construction where my cages are on is hanging from the wall so my drainage bin is hanging under it and can be slid out.
y3m1FqdepKsQOCqBR6B5KTa9ljnp1tBz66DVV-XycsKyhaoHidnTRnwZ6rh_9U4rPt3ui_hpp23ZNmoL-FG2axUbuLRPZEfJvWp07q5VPlXnTRvlFLDFLZCmTL_M2v-hqwm1iYTbAwxfde15Ynub4860foIkO_w2IbK04z-cwHeavA

Back
Top Bottom