Drainage system

Hi there while a cool mist humidifier can be a great option in a room with a Cham cage just make sure you are not attaching this to blow into your cage during the day. The heat from the lamp and the lights with the fogger running non stop in a cage can create the perfect situation for the cham to get a respiratory infection.

As far as a drainage solution. You can either get a dragon strand drainage tray or get a hot water heater pan. Here are some links. Get the size that is appropriate for your enclosure.
https://dragonstrand.com/accessories/
https://www.amazon.com/DiversiTech-...SV2D0V11G1B&psc=1&refRID=48GR67TZ8SV2D0V11G1B

Thank you!!!!

Welcome to being a worried chameleon owner, welcome to the forums. As for your questions there are several approaches to your issues. Even though your a stay at home mom, I HIGHLY recommend budgeting for a mistaking system. It will make your Cham keeping less of a chore and it’s super easy to set up. I do not recommend misting so often, veiled chameleons do not require such high humidity st all times, set up your cage to have areas where humidity can stick around, like a branch setup under a pothos plant, there is several drainage trays you can purchase depending on your budget including the rolls Royce of caging equipment over a Dragon strand cages. Speaking of I highly recommend you tune into the chameleon breeder podcast, Bill strand is the goat, his podcast covers a ton of info, I promise you won’t regret, asa matter of fact you will learn more in his episodes from all his EXPIRIENCED guests.. I use a cool mist humidifier, please keep it clean, keep it on a simple timer to allow the cage to dry out. Hope that helps

Thank you so much definitely helps!! You said dragon strand equipment??

Lol well this video is a lot more interesting than the “how to get pen off my countertops” video I was watching yesterday cause my two year old drew all over them!
If you did not get the pen off the counter tops try a magic eraser sponge... Works on almost everything. My daughter drew on the wall when she was younger and it took it right off. :p

Thank you so much definitely helps!! You said dragon strand equipment??
Yes they’re also sponsors of the forum. They have the best systems out. But if your a little mire budget restricted, a guy makes custom pvc drainage trays d.w geckos.com , reptibreeze also makes some

Back
Top Bottom