Drainage in exo terra

scott52019

hey everyone,

I have a jacksons in an exo terra with a dripper and reptifogger. Problem is I have water buildup at the bottom even though I have a few inches of hydro balls. Any ideas on how I can find a place for the water to go?
Thanks in advance

hey everyone,

I have a jacksons in an exo terra with a dripper and reptifogger. Problem is I have water buildup at the bottom even though I have a few inches of hydro balls. Any ideas on how I can find a place for the water to go?
Thanks in advance
Drill a drainage hole in the bottom or near the bottom and install a bulkhead with a ball valve. You’d have to take everything out to do so but it’d be a permanent solution. For a temporary solution, siphon out the water

The right way to do it (as I have also learned the hard way), is to insert something in the bottom of the enclosure before you add your hydroton. That way you can access the drainage layer easily to siphon out the water. Without that setup, I find that a Pipet-Aid works well with a 25 ml pipet. It's easy and the pipets are small enough to push through to the drainage layer without much fuss, but the thing's are expensive if you don't have access to them

Back
Top Bottom