Drain idea?

Ceycham

Established Member
Since I'm anticipating a cage upgrade I thought I would consider a better drainage idea. Has anyone thought of using those new indoor dog potty systems for water control? Below is an example I'm looking at.

Attachments

• 81pY0yNYC8L._SL1500_.jpg
    81pY0yNYC8L._SL1500_.jpg
    363 KB · Views: 82
I've never heard of it, but I can imagine that it might smell really bad, and be very dirty. So very routine cleaning might be required, but I don't know.

I've never heard of it, but I can imagine that it might smell really bad, and be very dirty. So very routine cleaning might be required, but I don't know.

My thought was to ditch the grass, and simply set the screen cage on top of this contraption. It's grooves are flat but the bottom is graded for drainage to one side.The drawer could be emptied, or it could be left off and a bucket placed below, if one's set up allows. The grass could even be used instead of paper towel to line the inside of the screen cage. Simple to rinse and replace and not likely to be eaten, and looks nice.

How do you currently manage your drainage?

oh, crap. I thought you were offering a different solution than my idea but you were probably just showing your own creative solution. In light of that I was probably pretty offensive. I'm so sorry!

My thought was to ditch the grass, and simply set the screen cage on top of this contraption. It's grooves are flat but the bottom is graded for drainage to one side.The drawer could be emptied, or it could be left off and a bucket placed below, if one's set up allows. The grass could even be used instead of paper towel to line the inside of the screen cage. Simple to rinse and replace and not likely to be eaten, and looks nice.

How do you currently manage your drainage?
In the future, I'm going to drill holes, but the water goes into the plants, and is absorbed by the leaves, or is drank, so that (holes) would be backup. This is super simple, but temporarily I have some paper towels at the bottom. (Just remember to take them out often for temporary use)

In the future, I'm going to drill holes, but the water goes into the plants, and is absorbed by the leaves, or is drank, so that (holes) would be backup. This is super simple, but temporarily I have some paper towels at the bottom. (Just remember to take them out often for temporary use)

I too have plants but more moisture than they need. Norman is needing more misting than I am offering him and I'm already seeing some fungus gnats moving in. Thank goodness for pothos tolerating all sorts of conditions!

Back
Top Bottom