Dragonstrand Distributor for Drainage Tray?

jcarlsen

Chameleon Enthusiast
Quick question everyone... I see some sponsors sell dragon strand cages and such, but I'm curious if any distributor sells the drainage tray for the large keeper series? I'm looking to get more reasonable shipping rates (the shipping for the drainage tray costs more than the tray itself!)

Thanks!

To the best of my knoweldge William is the only person who manufactures and ships anything of the Dragon Strand label, it is his business afterall. I recommend you contact William himself, he's very accomodating in regards to shipping costs and will do everything he can to get them as low as possible, but if you're still not thrilled about the shipping rates maybe you can add something else to your order to make the shipping expenses more worthwhile.

To the best of my knoweldge William is the only person who manufactures and ships anything of the Dragon Strand label, it is his business afterall. I recommend you contact William himself, he's very accomodating in regards to shipping costs and will do everything he can to get them as low as possible, but if you're still not thrilled about the shipping rates maybe you can add something else to your order to make the shipping expenses more worthwhile.

Canvas chameleons and a few others carry his cages (offer it as part of a kit with lighting and such), but not the drainage trays. I have contacted William, and he offered me a cage that's smaller, but I'm only interested in the 2x2x4. Otherwise, it seems there's not much he can do about shipping rates for single items.

You are correct, the shipping on these large items is killer. We offer all of Dragon Strands products as they are the best of the best but just as you said, the shipping is crazy for the East Coast. The boxes become very large so the rates double for shipping on the large cages and trays.

You are correct, the shipping on these large items is killer. We offer all of Dragon Strands products as they are the best of the best but just as you said, the shipping is crazy for the East Coast. The boxes become very large so the rates double for shipping on the large cages and trays.

You should try shipping to France, now THAT'S pricey.

That's why I got the setup from you guys :). 50 bucks I can do, and that's reasonable for a lot of stuff, but the same amount for just a drainage tray...eeek! I do need it so I may wind up just biting the bullet and getting it straight from Dragonstrand. I love their cages and want to give them my business in any way possible, but if I can find a deal on shipping, that'd be ideal.

Adman, I have begun supporting a handful of breeders in the industry allowing them to offer my cages. I am doing this to try to give them ways of offering cages without having to take on the expense and headache of maintaining inventory. People in business find very quickly that when you try to be good at more than one thing you get spread too thin. By helping in this manner I am hoping that our top breeders can focus on breeding and keep our community strong. I’ll take care of the caging and all the adventure that brings. And, yes, shipping to France is a real eye opener!

Jcarlsen, While others are now offering my products they, unfortunately, still originate from the same location. I am working on optimizing packaging, but the USPS does not like packages over 25”. The Large Keeper Drainage Tray nicely hits the balloon charges so is a particularly difficult item.

We are working on getting these costs down as much as is possible, but right now this is where we are.

Bill

That's why I got the setup from you guys :). 50 bucks I can do, and that's reasonable for a lot of stuff, but the same amount for just a drainage tray...eeek! I do need it so I may wind up just biting the bullet and getting it straight from Dragonstrand. I love their cages and want to give them my business in any way possible, but if I can find a deal on shipping, that'd be ideal.

JCarlsen - You can't go wrong with a Dragonstrand setup! I recently received my 2x2x4 and a drainage tray and absolutely love it. I too was a bit shocked by the shipping costs as I think we all get used to/spoiled by the Amazon's of the world and their Prime memberships offering free shipping on most of their items. Long story short... shipping costs definitely worth every penny! Bill has a great product and I was more than impressed with the level of quality and attention to detail. I am a DIY'er on most things and was even going to make this cage but decided in the end it would be best to just order it, I am very glad I did. Thanks Bill!
Just my 2 cents :D hope it helps ;)

JCarlsen - You can't go wrong with a Dragonstrand setup! I recently received my 2x2x4 and a drainage tray and absolutely love it. I too was a bit shocked by the shipping costs as I think we all get used to/spoiled by the Amazon's of the world and their Prime memberships offering free shipping on most of their items. Long story short... shipping costs definitely worth every penny! Bill has a great product and I was more than impressed with the level of quality and attention to detail. I am a DIY'er on most things and was even going to make this cage but decided in the end it would be best to just order it, I am very glad I did. Thanks Bill!
Just my 2 cents :D hope it helps ;)

We just received our 2x2x4 Cage, drainage tray and ledges yesterday as well! It looks awesome! Amazing quality and highly recommended!

Blame the shipping companies. :)

Thank you!

I am just going to chime in here--

Since Bill (Strand) and I just talked a few days ago about the shipping cost quagmire!

I am afraid customers do not realize just how expensive shipping has become in just the PAST FEW YEARS.

You see, us small companies like LightYourReptiles.com and my buddies like Canvas Chams, Dragon Strand, Custom Glass Terrarium and others do not get the HUGE shipping discounts like Amazon and the other very large online retailers get.

So people by stuff from these super large companies and pay an artificially low shipping charge --
or have bought things online not realizing part of the shipping cost has been "hidden" in the price of the item, so that shipping seems like a deal...

and then order from a small company and think they are being charged allot for shipping...
when in actuality, many small retailers LOOSE money on the shipping/handling charges on many orders they ship.

Another thing folks may not even consider--
the cost of boxes and packing materials has gone sky high.

(And people know because I ship very fragile bulbs and lights, I go through allot of packing material costs... LOL! :rolleyes:)

The materials cost to pack one 48" flo. light bulb is around 3.50 +/-.
That does not include any labor or shipping fee.

Anyway gang...

Thank you for listening and I appreciate your understanding as we work together to make this a great and successful hobby or all!

Cheers!
Todd :D

www.lightyourreptiles.com

PS,
I have even been been advising customers, especially in Canada :D to team up with a friend or your local reptile club, and do a group order if it is anyway possible--
It costs about 34.00 to ship one 48" bulb to Canada -- but only about 45.00 - 50.00 to ship 5 -6 bulbs.
So if you can spit shipping - it saves a ton of money. :) )
And I am happy to accommodate the billing to each individual if need be to make a group order work!
Just shoot me an e-mail with any questions. Thanks, Todd [email protected]

Are the drainage treys for the 2x2x4 out?

Yes, it has arrived! I am working on the official announcement, but both the 25" and 19" heavy duty drainage trays are in inventory. These are heavy duty trays that are designed to offer much more support for those who enjoy potted plants as the center piece for their cage. I made the large one large enough that it would be compatible with ReptiBreeze, DIY, Jungle Hobbies, LLL Reptile, and of course, Dragon Strand cages. It may be a little overkill for many cases, but at least there now is a drainage solutions for the other manufacturer's cages.

Dragon Strand Drainage Trays

Large-Heavy-Duty-Tray-450.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom