Dragonstrand, Bioactive...do I need the deep tray??

Trailgem

Avid Member
So I’m preparing my Bioactive culture and everything I need for my Medium Tall Atrium Clearside (30″W x 23″D x 48″H). (Which I should be getting soon, I hope)

I wanted to order the deep subtrade tray, but shipping would cost me almost as much as the tray itself.

So my question is... how bad do i really need the tray?? Will it make my life a lot easier?

Last edited:
NO! I love my dragonstrand but regret the tray. With the cost of shipping you can EASILY make your own. My suggest would be use that money saved and make a stand instead that had a substrate tray built in. Probably still cheaper than your final price paid.

Check the link in my sig, the most recent post was about how we built a new stand for ours.

If you dont want to go the stand route you can still build one on your own. The shipping price is just crazy, but thats not really Bill’s fault.

Good, I don’t feel so bad. Gives me something to do in my days off. ;)
I’m gonna check the link too, I think I actually looked st it a while ago. Time to take a closer look

Thank you!

NO! I love my dragonstrand but regret the tray. With the cost of shipping you can EASILY make your own. My suggest would be use that money saved and make a stand instead that had a substrate tray built in. Probably still cheaper than your final price paid.

Check the link in my sig, the most recent post was about how we built a new stand for ours.

If you dont want to go the stand route you can still build one on your own. The shipping price is just crazy, but thats not really Bill’s fault.

Agree with this. Planter box/ stand is a great way to go, and pretty cost effective. The most expensive part is the flex seal to waterproof it.
Really happy with mine so far.

We use a combination of pond liner and insulation to create the water barrier as well as a condensation barrier. The pond liner was probably about $40 for a 7 x 10‘ size. Not sure how that compares to sealing it.

Back
Top Bottom