Dragon strand cage issue

pantherchamlove36

Established Member
I have a hybrid dragon strand cage , the problem is I need to be 6 inches from the cage top with a basking area any ideas how I can do this

you Can put your lights up on wooden blocks. That’s what some people here do. Just keep in mind not to let anything hot touch the wood.

20201226_140904.jpg
this is mine if it's any help as you can see my basking light and dripper as are attached too exo terra brackets

So what is it your asking, how to install the branches at that distance? Dragon strand ledges

Also remember that if your basking area is 6 inches from the top ( then the height of your cham ) and if your heat/ uvb is on top your cham depending on size is only going to be 3 inches away ?

The dowels need to be at least 9-10inches from the top of your cage, if your uvb and basking lights are sitting directly on the top, to prevent your Cham from getting burned. You actually want the lights to be a good 9 inches from your chams back

I got mine set up now with wooden dowels bout 6 inches from top of cage where uvb and basking light are
Are you now saying that your problem posed in Post #1 is solved? :unsure:

If your basking site is 6" from the screen top, and you're going by that 9" guesstimate then your Arcadia T5 HO 6% UVB w/ reflector (from other posts/threads) should be 3" above the screen top.

Basking light can/should (IMO) be considered separately.

Back
Top Bottom