Dragon strand breeder cage?

@JamesB88 Just make sure you get a drip tray at the same time. You could make your own screen bottom by just making a small screen the proper diminsions. It is pretty easy to do.

The DragonStrand cages come with the holes for the ledges pre-drilled. I agree--the top ledges are not in the best location. I would drop the top much lower than the top panel so you can actually access your animal. I find that's the biggest drawback to those cages--the fixed top panel which is incredibly inconvenient. You have to be a contortionist to attach things to the top ledges or even get your chameleon out. You can't take pictures easily either because your chameleon is up on top and behind a fixed screen panel. You have to, again, twist yourself in a knot to get your camera up and behind the screen. By this time, your chameleon is not happy. That's my biggest gripe. (Disclosure: I have a beautiful breeding wild caught quad that I have NEVER been able to get a good picture of because by the time I get the phone set up, he's really ticked off with me and looking grumpy.)

Although I don't have any of the Atrium cages, they look really fantastic. I prefer their size, too--more horizontal space which chameleons need more of. If the drainage trays on them are good, I would consider buying that model.

@JamesB88 Just make sure you get a drip tray at the same time. You could make your own screen bottom by just making a small screen the proper diminsions. It is pretty easy to do.

The DragonStrand cages come with the holes for the ledges pre-drilled. I agree--the top ledges are not in the best location. I would drop the top much lower than the top panel so you can actually access your animal. I find that's the biggest drawback to those cages--the fixed top panel which is incredibly inconvenient. You have to be a contortionist to attach things to the top ledges or even get your chameleon out. You can't take pictures easily either because your chameleon is up on top and behind a fixed screen panel. You have to, again, twist yourself in a knot to get your camera up and behind the screen. By this time, your chameleon is not happy. That's my biggest gripe. (Disclosure: I have a beautiful breeding wild caught quad that I have NEVER been able to get a good picture of because by the time I get the phone set up, he's really ticked off with me and looking grumpy.)

Although I don't have any of the Atrium cages, they look really fantastic. I prefer their size, too--more horizontal space which chameleons need more of. If the drainage trays on them are good, I would consider buying that model.
Trust me if I could convince my girl to let me buy the large atrium model it would be done already lol but that's a no go, and yessss what you said about the top ledges being to high up was my issue with this breeder cage, I emailed ds asking if I bought the cage if they would not pre drill holes so I can place the ledges where I want them. I have a 2x2x48 lll rep screen cage now and my biggest annoyance is that the top panel does not open, like you said...not allowing easy access to your Cham. Yeah I'm definitely buying the drip tray as I have one now for my lllrep cage and it's honestly a must have with an misting system. I'll probably end up buying the drip tray and then like you said just make a screen floor. My drainage right now is just drilled holes in my pvc floor to a drain tray, works ok but I can see how a mesh floor would be much easier.

Mesh floor is much easir that what i have plus the lower part of the cage has a door that swing open for much easier access to the bottom i use a i use a shop-vac to cleaning up...

Mesh floor is much easir that what i have plus the lower part of the cage has a door that swing open for much easier access to the bottom i use a i use a shop-vac to cleaning up...
Yeah I was reading on the ds site and Bill says he uses the same method using a bucket head.

Attachments

• IMG_2137.PNG
    IMG_2137.PNG
    258.9 KB · Views: 90
So I got a message back from bill and he said he can absolutely make my order without pre drilled holes.

Thanks guys for the help
And thanks Bill your the man!

Back
Top Bottom