Dragon Ledges

Muffin28

Did the product change??? I ordered some and I’m currently trying to install cause I gave up on trying to install the mistking (also horrible), but based on the video Bill Strand posted the parts look different !! Super annoying and I just wanna cry.

I don’t understand how to use the spacer barrel? I feel like I’m either missing something or this design is super flawed.

I really wish they would upload a new video :/ the ones he shows look totally different

See pics of what I have vs what he shows

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 102
  • CE9DB958-EBE5-40E7-8BEC-1FE8026998EE.jpeg
    CE9DB958-EBE5-40E7-8BEC-1FE8026998EE.jpeg
    61.6 KB · Views: 92
Don't blame the materials, the mistking is a fine invention

I would like to know if the Mistking is as good as everyone says but unfortunately I can’t even get the water reservoir set up.

The reservoir leaking is a common and ongoing issue with A LOT of people and to me thats a huge red flag. I’m still gonna TRY and fix the leak tomorrow but I spent a good portion of my day being frustrated and it just doesn’t seem worth it at this point.

I would like to know if the Mistking is as good as everyone says but unfortunately I can’t even get the water reservoir set up.

The reservoir leaking is a common and ongoing issue with A LOT of people and to me thats a huge red flag. I’m still gonna TRY and fix the leak tomorrow but I spent a good portion of my day being frustrated and it just doesn’t seem worth it at this point.
Add pictures!

The barrel spacer goes on the inside of the screen.
There is a bar on the outside, then on the inside there is a spacer and a bar.

I can take pictures of mine in the morning; dont want to disturb the chams tonight.

The reservoir isn’t a mist king problem or fault of design...you just have to drill the correct size hole. I actually drilled a tad smaller and very slowly enlarged it until I could force the bulkhead in. You can always make the hole bigger, but you can’t make it smaller. The only leaking problems I’ve had was from my dog and then a cat chewing thru the tubing.

The barrel spacer goes on the inside of the screen.
There is a bar on the outside, then on the inside there is a spacer and a bar.
The hybrid models (PVC sides & backs) do not have a bar across the outside; they rely on the PVC to support the weight, which IMO is a mistake. This can be alleviated somewhat by adding a fender or dock washer directly under the head of each screw to distribute the weight over a greater surface area. ;)

The hybrid models (PVC sides & backs) do not have a bar across the outside; they rely on the PVC to support the weight, which IMO is a mistake. This can be alleviated somewhat by adding a fender or dock washer directly under the head of each screw to distribute the weight over a greater surface area. ;)
So theirs will not be like mine? I'm only asking because in their photos it looks exactly like what I got. Lol.
But yes, what you describe sounds like a bad design. Which is terrible, because I love my dragon ledges. With the proper branches used as a frame, these ledges can hold a suprising amount!!

0927200810.jpg

Did the product change??? I ordered some and I’m currently trying to install cause I gave up on trying to install the mistking (also horrible), but based on the video Bill Strand posted the parts look different !! Super annoying and I just wanna cry.

I don’t understand how to use the spacer barrel? I feel like I’m either missing something or this design is super flawed.

I really wish they would upload a new video :/ the ones he shows look totally different

See pics of what I have vs what he shows
Hey there hun how did everything turn out? Did you get it set up and get the mistking figured out with the leak?

Keep forgetting to post update. But here it is. Lol

if you zoom in you can see him scared up top cause I just had added the plant
Got a golden pothos up top, umbrella tree to the left and croton in the front bottom. Mist king nozzle at front left. Ledges are 10” from the top
7014888D-0300-4F82-90CE-B884B3132790.png

Keep forgetting to post update. But here it is. Lol

if you zoom in you can see him scared up top cause I just had added the plant
Got a golden pothos up top, umbrella tree to the left and croton in the front bottom. Mist king nozzle at front left. Ledges are 10” from the top
View attachment 279715
So your going to need to watch him closely with that basking fixture on the screen. If he is screen climbing this is an extreme risk. I would add some branch right in front of that feeder run as well. I am not seeing an easy way for him to perch and shoot at feeders. He is very small so making sure he has easy access is important.

The enclosure looks good. I would take those vines from the pothos and weave them through the top basking then dropping down more toward the front this will give him areas he can go between the levels. As he gets bigger you will need to rework the enclosure adding larger branches and vertical bracing branches to the dragon ledges. You want many diameter branches for them so they can grip different sizes. :)

Back
Top Bottom