[Dr. Nick]Hi Everybody![/Dr. Nick]

MCE

About to start a new herp adventure with a long awaited addition of a Panther Chameleon! I have loved them from afar since I was younger, but put of the acquisition in order to grow more as a herp keeper before taking on the advanced types of herps. Well I feel like I am ready and I am going to be looking for the studliest male I can find.

Just a bit of background on me...

I like to call myself a stay at home guy. I was paralyzed at 17 and haven't really made a living for myself over the past twelve years, am 29 now. I have a good head on my shoulders, but due to some bad luck I am not so able to get out and enjoy the world. So I find ways to bring the places I dream of as close to reality as possible. Keeping herps satisfies my greatest desires and fills my days with joy!

I have been keeping and breeding Leopard Geckos for the better part of my injured life. Although I maintain a small collection I was fortunate enough to hatch out my own genetic mutation, the Funky Jungle! I don't know how familiar you guys are with Leo morphs, but hatching out a new genetic mutation, in this case dominant, just doesn't happen often if ever. So I've made a name for myself and am starting to get a little cashola on the side to spend on new herp-ventures!

I am on the computer most of the day so I hope to become a contributing member here. Don't hold me to it though because I'm a really bad procrastinator! Besides I'm a total newb so I 'll probably just comment on all of your beautiful creatures! Cheers!

- Mike -

Me and Calvin one of my 22 nieces and nephews! :D

mike.jpg

One of my Funky Jungles that hatched with the letters 'fJ' on his back.

the fj.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/mce2020
http://www.facebook.com/Eublepharids

Nice to meet you, Mike. This is a lovely forum to be a part of! Good luck with your future chameleon. What locale of panther are you considering?

We keep two leos as well :). Love FJ's pattern.

Hello!

My name is Nick also so nice to meet you! It's a great name.

If you ever want a great price on a panther I would love to give you a really good deal. I have ambanja babies and if you ever wanted to trade for some leos that could work out in both our favor.

Oh and that morph it crazy I like it a lot.

Thank you very much everybody for the warm welcome! I can tell this is a great community here and am looking forward to becoming a part of it!

As for the locale of the male Panther, it is going to be tough. I really like so many and I know once I get one the 'bug' will bite hard. However, I'm committed to my plan to keep only one a minimum of six months before deciding to expand and or breed. If I had to choose it would be between a really bright Ambilobe with all colors of the rainbow, an equally bright Nosy Be with totally yellow smackers, a Nosy Faly with all the bells and whistles or a super yellow Nosy Mistio with lots of red highlights. To be honest, I think a nice Ambilobe would be the perfect choice for my first Panther. They are the complete package! I know it can't be easy to find such high quality guys, but I am willing to pay for the best I can find. I seriously can't believe some go so cheap! In Leos you will see them reaching prices upwards of $2000 for multi gene combos or a really nice example of a morph. I've seen some screaming male panthers for like $600! I suppose it has to do with supply and demand as Chams lay a lot more eggs, although one would think the long incubation time would factor in. Basically saying, the turn around time is much longer and with such amazing colors you'd think these guys would be selling for a lot more.

Thank you very much everybody for the warm welcome! I can tell this is a great community here and am looking forward to becoming a part of it!

As for the locale of the male Panther, it is going to be tough. I really like so many and I know once I get one the 'bug' will bite hard. However, I'm committed to my plan to keep only one a minimum of six months before deciding to expand and or breed. If I had to choose it would be between a really bright Ambilobe with all colors of the rainbow, an equally bright Nosy Be with totally yellow smackers, a Nosy Faly with all the bells and whistles or a super yellow Nosy Mistio with lots of red highlights. To be honest, I think a nice Ambilobe would be the perfect choice for my first Panther. They are the complete package! I know it can't be easy to find such high quality guys, but I am willing to pay for the best I can find. I seriously can't believe some go so cheap! In Leos you will see them reaching prices upwards of $2000 for multi gene combos or a really nice example of a morph. I've seen some screaming male panthers for like $600! I suppose it has to do with supply and demand as Chams lay a lot more eggs, although one would think the long incubation time would factor in. Basically saying, the turn around time is much longer and with such amazing colors you'd think these guys would be selling for a lot more.

Those are all awesome choices :) that's going to be hard one to just pick one lol. And yeah it all depends on what is hot or not with panther chameleons that sets pricing. I payed over a 1000 for one of my Nosy faly males . Also being habitat specific with needing a screen cage and mistings and just in general more time and care is I think why prices don't get out there like in leos. But they are just so awesome and nature made these colors on these guys and that it what made me fall in love with them :)

Welcome Nick. You will find that this forum is very helpful! I've been a member of many forums and this is the most helpful/friendliest. I've also kept/bred leopard geckos, and I understand how amazing it is to produce your own morph!

Interesting choices on the panther locales. They are all so pretty :D

I support your decision to wait at least 6 months after your first. A very good idea.

Back
Top Bottom