Downgrading cage size

Johnny909

Hello,

I am looking into getting a few more reptiles within the near future, problem is that I made my last cage way too big and now im out of space where it would be appropriate to add some reptiles.

Would switching my cham from a 5'x2.5'x6' cage to a 2'x2'x4' cause any kind of harmful stress?

Would switching my cham from a 5'x2.5'x6' cage to a 2'x2'x4' cause any kind of harmful stress?

I would be pissed. I was mad when my mom's husband built a wall through my room to create a hallway leaving me with barely any room to even turn my bed in a different direction. What happened to my space???

that should not make much difference to him it will all work out in the end john. good luck in getting more chams:)

He may find the sudden lack of space alarming for a bit, especially if he's been living in there for a while. He will ultimately adapt, but he may or may not be happy about the downsizing, that depends on his personality.

Hmmm, he does use most of his space, he is always crawling around from one side to the other all day hunting. I fear he will become lazy if I take away half his space :( but I am ready for more reptiles and if I seperate the cage in half its actually 2.5'x2.5'x6'... But like i say, he is indeed currently using the whole cage, he has 3 sleeping spots from left to right.

Back
Top Bottom