Dorsal crest question.

Dang it! Forgot to attach the pics. :rolleyes:
D77AED32-45B2-406A-9567-6BFEB39FDFD4.jpeg 2027501C-35FC-4CD5-9B1C-6C9ACEC2E8E9.jpeg DD5CD41C-6EBF-4C72-B757-0D047A96A5EA.jpeg 51200098-3230-430F-B218-C6A89A496D7E.jpeg 7C1A553B-0400-4B60-A261-CF29A8A3E0F0.jpeg
This is what I did with the smaller enclosure. Having a female I had to have a lay bin, which took a lot of space. The second is her upgrade. But I’ve since added lots of branches.
C2515D94-483C-420E-BA91-2CCCC303F8E0.jpeg 2A94D893-06F7-4D0C-8480-A097D5E6C90D.jpeg

I have a heat lamp and a automatic mister. They are not hooked up right now. He used to eat mill worms, but now he won't touch them. I had a plant in there before and he ate it and killed the plant. Thanks

So it looks like you’ve got the dreaded chameleon kit. Contrary to what the pet store told you, it is not adequate for a chameleon. You’re going to need to make many upgrades. The first and most important are lighting and supplements.

I know I’ve thrown a lot at you. The most important thing to upgrade ASAP is lighting and supplements. The rest is very important too, but if need be, can be done as soon you are able.
Attaching all of the care sheets I think will help you. You may also want to check out this podcast. Very informative. https://www.chameleonbreeder.com/
Also posting a pic comparing a 16x16x30 enclosure to a 24x24x48.
And most important of all, feel free to ask as many questions as you need. :)

I have a heat lamp and a automatic mister. They are not hooked up right now. He used to eat mill worms, but now he won't touch them. I had a plant in there before and he ate it and killed the plant. Thanks
Hi again. :) Depending on how cold it gets in the room you keep him, you may/may not need the heat lamp. They can tolerate temps as low as the 50’s at night.
Yes, just about every leaf of my Pothos has little bite marks in them. Lol. I have 2 somewhat well established Pothos in each of my chams enclosures to help reduce them eating them to death. I also have a plant light in one of the sides of the dual dome that helps keep all my plants alive.
Mealworms aren’t a good staple feeder...not much nutrition and hard to digest. I feed bsfl (aka calciworms, Phoenix worms), discoid roaches, silkworms and occasionally crickets. Hornworms and superworms are occasional treats. Many breed their own feeders for convenience and economy. Dubia and discoid roaches are super easy to breed, cleaner than crickets, don’t fly or climb and are one of the most nutritious feeders. You most likely will have to order some/all of these on line. Check out the site’s sponsors and I’ve gotten nice bugs off eBay.
In addition to everything else I already mentioned, you will be wanting to find a good exotics vet and an emergency vet that sees reptiles. Is best to know who/where before you may need them.
Do keep posting and asking whatever questions you may have or sharing your progress.
:)

Back
Top Bottom