Done digging, covering her tracks :)

Dez and Delilah

So the first part of the wait is over! Delilah is currently covering up her tunnel.

I wish I got some good gravid pictures of her but we tried to leave her alone as much as possible, aside from misting and feeding.

I'm waiting anxiously for her to finish so I can see how many are in there. I just have a quick question before we dig them up.

I have an incubator ready set to 72 and a tupperware container ready with vermiculite that's been moistened. From pictures I've seen it looks like you should leave about an inch between the eggs to allow room for growth. Is this correct?

I'll follow up in this thread with pictures and how many eggs she laid as soon as I find out.

Haha this is such a crazy feeling, it's like I'm a grandma at 27!!

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Congrats on surviving the egglaying!

I leave the space so that each egg will be more likely to hatch individually. If they are close together, they will usually all hatch at the same time.

Congrats on surviving the egglaying!

I leave the space so that each egg will be more likely to hatch individually. If they are close together, they will usually all hatch at the same time.

Thanks! We've been patient and I just realized I should've saved some patience for the next 9 - 12 months haha

I wasn't aware that their placement could cause them to hatch at the same time. Great info! Much appreciated :)

Back
Top Bottom