Veiled, male, around 2-3 years old, have had for around 2 years
- Handling - Every day
- Feeding - gut-load crickets every few days I just dump about 10 in there and he eats what he wants
- Supplements - Once a week I dust with repti calcium (I always accidentally pour too much in so the crickets get coated still)
- Watering - I have a dropper that goes into a bowl. I have an auto mister that goes every 8 hours for 12 seconds. I haven’t seen him drink in a while.
- Fecal Description - Brown and white/ yellow. Brown is shiny white/ yellow is more thick. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No
- History - He has a huge eye infection that I have been going to the vet for a year now. He is on antibiotics that are given daily hence why I handle him every day. He did have what seemed like seizures once about a year and a half ago. Stayed at the bottom of his cage and was dark brown and would barely move. Took him to the vet immediately and they gave fluids and told me to switch from Dubia roaches to butter worms because he was “constipated and dehydrated” he got picky and stopped eating eating them.
- Cage Info:
- Cage Type -Screen 24x24x48
- Lighting - 24” 24 watt T5 HO Repti sun terrarium hood uvb light Around 7:30AM to 11PM depending on if I’m home I’ll turn off earlier.
- Temperature - 90° at the top of the cage. Not sure the Lowest overnight temp or temp at the bottom of the cage. Measure using using a zoomed temp/ humidity gauge
- Humidity - between 50 and 60
- Plants - Fake plants only
- Placement - in my bedroom. At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Not sure probably around 40” where he stays towards the top
- Location - Southern California
- Current Problem - He isn’t eating. He breaths with his mouth open and almost hisses and puffs up and is breathing heavily and a lot. Looks like a little bit of mucus coming from his mouth. He’s very dark and dehydrated (his good eye is sunken in) and he looses his balance and falls from his perch. I am going to take him to the vet in the morning.
443.3 KB Views: 55
275.4 KB Views: 59
274.4 KB Views: 62
288.7 KB Views: 63
419.6 KB Views: 64
359.1 KB Views: 61
158.6 KB Views: 54
260.2 KB Views: 46