Doing something wrong?

Sirny

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 1.5'x1.5'x3' Screened enclosure (reptibreeze)

Lighting - For the heat lamp i have a 150w zoo med basking bulb(it gets really cold in my room so need the powerful bulb) UVB i have the reptiglo. UVB is resting on top of the cage, heat lamp hangs a few inches over it

Temperature - His basking area ranges anywhere from 85-90, mid cage is about 75-80, Lower half usually stays around 70-75.

Humidity - Usually humidity when its dry is about 40, when misting gets up to 65-70, Mist 3-4 times a day for a few minutes each.

Plants - All fake for the time being, been trying to find a plant shop around my house that has ficus or hibiscus that will actually fit in my cage.

Placement - In my bedroom, very low traffic area, top of the cage is prob about 6' from the ground, No air vents or nothing of the sort, mainly just me going in and out of my room

Location - Northern Ohio

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Blue bar ambilobe panther chameleon, Male, about 6 months old, have had him for about 2 months.

Handling - Never at all really, unless cage needs cleaned, Hes not too big of a fan of being handled.

Feeding - Mainly on a diet of crickets, feed him about 12 a day, has been gettin butterworms recently also. i Gut load the crickets with Fruits, veggies, etc. (checked on here to see what to load em with to make sure it was safe)

Supplements - About 2-3 times a week dust the crickets with a calcium supplement (no D3 in it)

Watering - Misting mostly, he enjoys being misted and have seen him drink, also use a drip system, he shoots his tongue at the drops as they fall (Warm water always).

Fecal Description - Brown with white urates, went through a week where his urates were orange, but it only lasted for a few days and he was back to normal.

Current Problem - Hes usually very active and roaming around his cage, basking alot and very bright and colorful, but for the past few days hes been very lazy so to say, very dark in color, when i mist in the morning hell get very bright but about an hour later hes just very dark again, hes eating and drinking just fine, doesnt sleep during the day, just seems lethargic at times and very dull in color, Anything wrong with the set up or my husbandry? This normal at times?

forgot to add that hes really pissy, even when i put my hand in to drop off some crickets hes gotten snappy a few times, hes usually always ready to eat and excited

I would change the UVB bulb to the reptisun 5.0

He needs 3 kinds of dust. Plain calcium at just about every feeding, calcium with D3 twice a month and a multi vitamin such as Rep-Cal Herptivite once a month.

Can you please post some pictures?

You also need to add different kinds of feeders to him diet.

90 is high for basking. Keep him around 85.

yea i will get some pictures later, none with me atm and out of the house, been meaning to get a reptisun, none at stores around me, gonna have to get em online

Instead of getting a reptisun, you could use the reptiglow and just take him out for a couple of hours every week if you have the time and the weather permits.

yea i want to get him some outside time but weather is very cold around here now, only been in the upper 40's the past week :(

gonna be building him a cage when he gets a little bigger, hes still kind of small, dont want him in something too big at the moment

may i suggest a room humidifier and/or a larger cage
:confused:
The humidity is fine and if you didn't notice the chameleon is only 6 months old. A cage any larger and it wouldn't be able to find it's food. The size it is in is fine for at least 2-3 more months.
Humidity - Usually humidity when its dry is about 40, when misting gets up to 65-70, Mist 3-4 times a day for a few minutes each.

Your Chameleon - Blue bar ambilobe panther chameleon, Male, about 6 months old, have had him for about 2 months.

Back
Top Bottom