Does this have D3 in it?

cswan19

I don't see it anywhere but this is the only one in several pet stores that I could find that didn't say "with D3" on the front of it. Could you guys help me out? Also just curious, why do we need one without D3 for regular feedings and one with D3 for monthly use? Why can't we use D3 all the time? Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to read and look to help me and my chameleon out. :)

Herptivite is a multivitamin which does not contain d3. The reason we say to use one with and one without d3 is because a chameleon can overdose on a supplemental d3. They get d3 from the sun naturally and cannot overdose on that type of d3. It can cause a lot of health issues if used too often. We say to use it a couple of times a month so your chameleon gets a small dose of it without over doing it.

Oh gotcha. Thanks for the information :) I knew not to use it all the time just didn't know why... now I know lol. So this does contain D3... so that means it is okay to use frequently right?

Oh gotcha. Thanks for the information :) I knew not to use it all the time just didn't know why... now I know lol. So this does contain D3... so that means it is okay to use frequently right?

it does not contain D3. you should not be giving D3 daily anyways.

calcium w/o D3 - daily

multivitamin - 2x a month. sometimes bumped to 3-4x a month

calcium w/ D3 - 2x a month.

Back
Top Bottom