Does the MistKing pump need to be bolted down?

Ceceblue82

Well the title pretty much says it all. I just received the starter kit and was wondering if everybody fastens the pump down or just sits it on a shelf. One small thing I'm not too happy about is they don't include a paper manual, you have to go online for instructions. Hey, I'm old OK lol

I have mine fastened to a piece of wood on the side of my chams cage stand

Attachments

• 15468980787653209795824827702604.jpg
    15468980787653209795824827702604.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 138
I did not have to bolt mine down. I have the starter set up. It does not rattle or move. I will say I did have to prime mine by holding the up arrow for about 4 minutes. I would imagine all are different but I had a heck of a time getting mine to prime. You have to do this with it not being connected to your nozzles so that it creates a stream of water and all the air gets pushed out. Have a bottle or a cup handy cause once it starts flowing it really flows lol. Then push the tube into your nozzle connection. Press and hold the up arrow and it will start spraying. :)

Yeah mines not bolted down either and it doesn’t rattle so you’d be good with setting it up however you think looks best

Just remember your water source must be above the pump unless unit is attached to a pressurized system. I hung mine with wire under the shelf that holds my water container.

I did not have to bolt mine down. I have the starter set up. It does not rattle or move. I will say I did have to prime mine by holding the up arrow for about 4 minutes. I would imagine all are different but I had a heck of a time getting mine to prime. You have to do this with it not being connected to your nozzles so that it creates a stream of water and all the air gets pushed out. Have a bottle or a cup handy cause once it starts flowing it really flows lol. Then push the tube into your nozzle connection. Press and hold the up arrow and it will start spraying. :)
I can't seem to get mine to prime, reservoir is on a shelf above the pump. I didn't hold the up arrow down but I did turn it on and heard the motor but nothing - am afraid to do that too long or do I just let it run ?

Why didn't you get a paper manual? It should come with one. I place the pump on a lower shelf and the reservoir on the upper shelf. Took me a short while to get it to work.

It had a little card in the box that said go to their website for directions. Looking at some old posts and somebody mentioned shorting the tube to the pump - that did the trick. :D

Why didn't you get a paper manual? It should come with one. I place the pump on a lower shelf and the reservoir on the upper shelf. Took me a short while to get it to work.
Ok this is wher I had issues too so I was emailing back and forth with mistking and they said to hold the up arrow with the tube disconnected until water flows. They said it would take two minutes. It did take mine about 3 to 4 minutes though.

Oops that attached to the wrong comment. @Ceceblue82 message me if you have issues. I just went through this last night setting mine up. I’m happy to help.

Back
Top Bottom