Does my veiled chameleon have MBD

nateee04

My female veiled chameleon has little bumbs on the side of her. I don't know what they are. She's pregnant so would that have anything to do with it. I just want to know if its MBD of anything I should be concerned about

Pregnant chameleon 001.jpg

Pregnant chameleon 002.jpg

Pregnant chameleon 003.jpg

Pregnant chameleon 004.jpg

Pregnant chameleon 005.jpg .

How do you supplement her and what lights do you have?

Under-supplementation and over-supplementation are equally bad and lights cause many problems.
I am not sure what things you are pointing out, but on her neck, there seems to be swelling??? not sure. It may be from giving too much D3.

Can you post a picture of her from the side please? Its mostly her arms and legs and the way she sits on a surface that I'm interested in seeing.

that is one BEAUTIFUL vieled!!!!!!!!!!!!! from the pics provided im going to say no.

where did you purchase?

I agree with Kinyonga, we need some more pictures from the side with her standing if possible. I would not rule out problems just from the pictures so far.

What could it mean if they are sunken in. My UVB light broke a while ago...I'm getting a new one today. She has a drip system. Her cage is 80/90 degrees. Awww I hope she's not sick :(.

Chameleonnn 001.jpg

Chameleonnn 002.jpg

Chameleonnn 003.jpg

Chameleonnn 004.jpg

Chameleonnn 005.jpg

I spray the tank 4-7 times a day

I don't see any signs of MBD....she has good straight arms and legs and exhibits trunkal lifting.
Eyes look okay in the photo of her on your hand too.

Good I was worried about her eyes. I think she close to laying her eggs because I put 10 crickets in her cage for her food and there are always some left over. I wonder what the babies will look like once they mature....

Here's my male chameleon...they are seperated. He changes his colors alot. He gets light blue, dark blue but my favorite is when he trys to match my wall and turns a really bright blue/green turquise color. lol

chameleon 001.jpg

ahh.JPG

=).jpg

Upon seeing further photos I am less concerned, more jealous. My Male (8 months) and female (5 months) are not ready to breed yet. I hope they look as good as yours when they are ready. Sunken eyes can mean various things ranging from being a bit tired (or pregnancy taking it out of her a little bit), through dehydration, to any other illness you can think of really. They both look fine though.

My female veiled chameleon has little bumbs on the side of her. I don't know what they are. She's pregnant so would that have anything to do with it. I just want to know if its MBD of anything I should be concerned about

View attachment 36082

View attachment 36083

View attachment 36084

View attachment 36085

View attachment 36086.

I know exactly what you are talking about with the whole "bumps" thing. I assure you its nothing but her skin when she is bloated or swollen from carrying all those little eggs. My female looked the exact same way when she was preggers but the bumps eventually subsided. Oh by the way nice looking male. I love when my male shows some flash:p

Sunk in eyes usually indicates dehydration. It might be because she is carrying eggs. I have never had a female so I don't know how that impacts them. If she is eating and drinking it is prolly nothing.

She's digging like crazy. For three days she's been digging her hole. It's like a tunnel lol nd she looks like she's going to explode.

Don't let her see you while she's digging. It can make her abandon the hole.

She will/should dig the hole until she's satisfied with it. (It may still take another day or so.) She then turn around butt down..likely in the evening, lay the eggs, fill the hole in, tamp it down and return to the branches hungry and thirsty.

If it doesn't go like this...if she becomes lethargic, fills the hole in without laying the eggs, sleeps during the day, etc. please post about it.

Back
Top Bottom