Does my new panther chameleon look healthy?

Saraeelove

I recently got a panther chameleon 2 days ago. Is he healthy ?

I was told he is one year old and has a nipped tail from his brother. He cant really rap around his tail

Attachments

• 20180619_152425.jpg
    20180619_152425.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 20180619_152416.jpg
    20180619_152416.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 330
  • 20180619_152436.jpg
    20180619_152436.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_20180618_214558_423.jpg
    IMG_20180618_214558_423.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 418
  • Snapchat-2133108901.jpg
    Snapchat-2133108901.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 330
He looks quite dehydrated, and the way I could tell is if you look at his eyes they are sunken in! Mist his cage for 2-4 min, and also feed hornworms as well, may seem weird I only say hornworms but I say it because they are basically called "water sacks" lol! Very good for hydration!
Edit: But anything else he's beautiful!

He looks quite dehydrated, and the way I could tell is if you look at his eyes they are sunken in! Mist his cage for 2-4 min, and also feed hornworms as well, may seem weird I only say hornworms but I say it because they are basically called "water sacks" lol! Very good for hydration!
Edit: But anything else he's beautiful!
Thank you!!!

I think I should add that misting 2-4 minutes per day will not be sufficient in a screen cage. You will need to do this 3-4x a day... You can also mist longer in the morning and late afternoon with few shorter mistings (and/or a dripper) in between.
You want to make sure the cage can dry out between mistings.

If you have a glass enclosure you will need to mist less, but this will probably need some experimenting to find the optimal duration as you don't want to create a pool in the bottom, but you will also want to give your animal time to clean his eyes and drink.

For the best help/recommendations I'd highly advise you to fill in the how to ask for help questionnaire:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Has he pooped for you yet? Though sunken eyes can be a symptom of dehydration that is not always the case. You've had him two days and looks like you got him from an expo? He could very well be "tucking" his eyes in to protect them. The very last pic he doesn't have them tucked in. Can you get a better pic of his tail though?

Has he pooped for you yet? Though sunken eyes can be a symptom of dehydration that is not always the case. You've had him two days and looks like you got him from an expo? He could very well be "tucking" his eyes in to protect them. The very last pic he doesn't have them tucked in. Can you get a better pic of his tail though?

The last one is the most recent one. The picture of the person holding the chameleon is from sunday at the expo

The last one is the most recent one. The picture of the person holding the chameleon is from sunday at the expo

Right, that's why I'm asking if he's pooped yet since you've had him. So we can look at his urate because the last pic he doesn't "look" dehydrated. Follow @Remkon's suggestion for mist times and he should be fine. What I'm concerned about though are looking at his urate and getting a better picture of his tail.

Right, that's why I'm asking if he's pooped yet since you've had him. So we can look at his urate because the last pic he doesn't "look" dehydrated. Follow @Remkon's suggestion for mist times and he should be fine. What I'm concerned about though are looking at his urate and getting a better picture of his tail.

I will get on that ASAP and post a picture. I will be installing the monsoon tomorrow and put a timer.

I will get on that ASAP and post a picture. I will be installing the monsoon tomorrow and put a timer.

He has pooped yesterday and this is todays poop. I have a container on the floor to catch the water dripping from the pothos and water dripper. His poop usually lands on that container.
These pictures are of today .

Yesterday, his poop looked brown and a little white in the center.

Attachments

• 20180620_143512.jpg
    20180620_143512.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 179
  • 20180620_143227.jpg
    20180620_143227.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 20180620_143444.jpg
    20180620_143444.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 238
  • 20180620_143809.jpg
    20180620_143809.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 20180620_143805.jpg
    20180620_143805.jpg
    248.9 KB · Views: 186
He has pooped yesterday and this is todays poop. I have a container on the floor to catch the water dripping from the pothos and water dripper. His poop usually lands on that container.
These pictures are of today .

Yesterday, his poop looked brown and a little white in the center.

I uploaded pictures below in one of the comments

Ok, fill this out as best as you can please.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Back
Top Bottom