Does my female look gravid or pregnant?

Dgood

Established Member
Hello everyone I just have a quick question about my female jax, I've had her for about 4 months never bred her or anything. When I picked her up from the reptile store she was in a cage with two other females, and the cage was very small, I'm just thinking it is possible that she has been mated before I got her. And seeing that Jackson's can retain sperm for a long time I just want to make sure she is not going to explode with babies ha. Here she is, has a good appetite, drinks, basks, very active! A healthy Cham.....

She looks a little fat in this pic, which is why I'm concerned ( I'm probably just over worried)

I got my baby Jackson when someone I know Chameleon which they had gotten in Dec. had babies in May- They got theirs at petsmart- But don't know if yours is or not -

If I am not mistaken she will either have babies or drop yolks/slugs if infertile.

Nice looking jax :) Mine looks identical, and know she has not bred with another Jackson.

Thank you :) I have tried hard to keep her healthy I've only been a chameleon owner for 4 months! She may just be a little plump it's hard to say..... I haven't seen her drop any slugs or found any in her enclosure

Hey Derek! She doesn't look gravid in those. Looks very healthy though.

I will get you a picture of my female. You will notice a very big dip in the belly near the vent, very noticeable. I believe she retained and is gravid again (5 months since first set of babies).

She also wants nothing to do with Trident :).

Hey Rob! Thanks for the info! I noticed her bellow grow very slowly and than stop where she is now. I was just wondering if she was starting to develop, or something. A picture would be very helpful :) thank you!

I'm sorry this aspect of chameleons I'm not familiar with just yet I'm a relatively new to all this.

I would say no, especially from the profile pic. As others have mentioned, she does look healthy and alert though. Keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom