Does my Chameleon hate me?

I definitely found it more amusing than rude. I was scrolling through taking screen shots and sending them to my husband because I found them hilarious. I was a bit stressed when we first got her (3 weeks ago) but she's healthy looking and always a good color. The only thing that freaks me out is when she looks at me with both eyes looking straight ahead at me. So weird..
thanks haha. that's great! yeah chams are so funny when they do that :ROFLMAO:

Chameleons, for the most part, are solitary reptiles that prefer to be left alone with no to minimal handling.
When you are purchasing or adopting a chameleon, consider what you want from your pet first. Do you want someone to just watch and admire? If that's the case, then pick out one that likes to be left alone.
To me, it seems that you are looking for a friend that you can handle and bond with. One thing about chameleons is that early socialization is best for the ideal friend who will climb on you and stuff. You adopted an adult, who has already lived a good portion of his life and is just now meeting you. With some slow introductory methods like many have listed above, you may be able to make him more friendly towards you but keep in mind that there's a good chance he may also continue to remain solitary.
For the future, take the time to find a chameleon that is best suited for you. Find a young baby, and begin to slowly introduce yourself into his or her life. Your chameleon will be growing up along side you, and therefore with proper socialization should be friendly and trusting enough of you to allow you to handle them. Just take it slow.

Chameleons, for the most part, are solitary reptiles that prefer to be left alone with no to minimal handling.
When you are purchasing or adopting a chameleon, consider what you want from your pet first. Do you want someone to just watch and admire? If that's the case, then pick out one that likes to be left alone.
To me, it seems that you are looking for a friend that you can handle and bond with. One thing about chameleons is that early socialization is best for the ideal friend who will climb on you and stuff. You adopted an adult, who has already lived a good portion of his life and is just now meeting you. With some slow introductory methods like many have listed above, you may be able to make him more friendly towards you but keep in mind that there's a good chance he may also continue to remain solitary.
For the future, take the time to find a chameleon that is best suited for you. Find a young baby, and begin to slowly introduce yourself into his or her life. Your chameleon will be growing up along side you, and therefore with proper socialization should be friendly and trusting enough of you to allow you to handle them. Just take it slow.

Such a nice way of saying "Chameleons hate people, good luck but try anyway"

Welcome to the forums.:ROFLMAO:

Such a nice way of saying "Chameleons hate people, good luck but try anyway"

Welcome to the forums.:ROFLMAO:
Yeah, pretty much. Well, naturally at least. I've had great success with a few babies, my latest is a young Veiled boy and he's really something. A rescue animal, but astonishingly well-socialized. Today, he crawled up my shoulder to my face and I couldn't get him off of me (now I have scrapes on my nose :p:oops:). Might be a challenge as he gets older though, since they tend to get a bit more aggressive.
IMG_8132.JPG

Back
Top Bottom