Does my cham look healthy? I don’t know why something just looks off to me

charrrmeleonn

Im
New to chameleons I’m trying my best I just wanna make sure my Bud is alright. Anyone notice anything off?

Attachments

• 4639506D-17CB-42E1-97C7-B69156602842.png
    4639506D-17CB-42E1-97C7-B69156602842.png
    882.9 KB · Views: 39
Can you share more pictures? Including the back of its feet? It doesn't look sick by any means but the eyes are a bit sunken in (could just be from the stress of the camera in its face) and a bit light in color (could be your camera settings or its too warm trying to cool off).

I asked for pics of the back of the feet to see if its a boy or girl.

Can you share more pictures? Including the back of its feet? It doesn't look sick by any means but the eyes are a bit sunken in (could just be from the stress of the camera in its face) and a bit light in color (could be your camera settings or its too warm trying to cool off).

I asked for pics of the back of the feet to see if its a boy or girl.
Yeah I hope the light color is nothing serious when we got it was a beautiful green with orange , it’s a bit lighter now but still has its green. Hope the pictures helps! Let me know if you can figure it out because honestly I don’t know it’s gender I got it at petsmart and the people there are on something I’m starting to think they hire people that know nothing about reptiles or animals…

Attachments

• BF777EA1-9969-4DFE-8079-9A2620BBF0CE.png
    BF777EA1-9969-4DFE-8079-9A2620BBF0CE.png
    541.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 3E99008F-5081-410D-84FE-843D15000178.png
    3E99008F-5081-410D-84FE-843D15000178.png
    893.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 9053E414-8ECF-455F-A0BE-BDEC233C952A.png
    9053E414-8ECF-455F-A0BE-BDEC233C952A.png
    670.8 KB · Views: 43
She looks good, but you will want to replace those plastic plants with live ones when you can. Do you have picks of the whole cage? If she does not have proper climbing branches her behavior may be off. If you want a thoro going over you can fill out the how to ask for help.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/
So all the plants in the cage are fake, is that a bad thing? I heard the real plants can be bad but I’m not sure. Here’s some pics of her cage. The last pic is a new cage we got her/him. I ordered a little waterfall and some climbing logs for it so we’re gonna set it up tomorrow, but the top pics are what it’s in temporary. It is glass and has filteration on top but the cage in the last pic (the one I’m setting up tomorrow) is all screen so it has way better air filter. Let me know what you think I’d love to hear suggestions I’m trying to give him/her the best life possible. :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 42
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 37
So all the plants in the cage are fake, is that a bad thing? I heard the real plants can be bad but I’m not sure. Here’s some pics of her cage. The last pic is a new cage we got her/him. I ordered a little waterfall and some climbing logs for it so we’re gonna set it up tomorrow, but the top pics are what it’s in temporary. It is glass and has filteration on top but the cage in the last pic (the one I’m setting up tomorrow) is all screen so it has way better air filter. Let me know what you think I’d love to hear suggestions I’m trying to give him/her the best life possible. :)
Hi again. :) Do refer back to all of the information I gave in your prior post. Veileds will nibble their plants. They have been known to eat fake ones and then become impacted with bowel obstruction, which if not identified and treated promptly can have disastrous results. Waterfalls, fountains and such are not good for chameleons. No matter how clean it is kept, it will build up bacteria than can be harmful. They look nice for us, but can be a danger for our chams. Water is provided through misting the plants for at least 2 minutes, 2-3 times a day. There are several different types of automatic misting systems. I think the majority of us here think the Mist King is the better of the options.

So with more pics, it is a male for sure, I see the spur and his size better.
If @MissSkittles did a review it is good, so do refer to it. He looks healthy, get his setup square and he will do great. Nutrition right and proper lighting and he will do great.

Hi again. :) Do refer back to all of the information I gave in your prior post. Veileds will nibble their plants. They have been known to eat fake ones and then become impacted with bowel obstruction, which if not identified and treated promptly can have disastrous results. Waterfalls, fountains and such are not good for chameleons. No matter how clean it is kept, it will build up bacteria than can be harmful. They look nice for us, but can be a danger for our chams. Water is provided through misting the plants for at least 2 minutes, 2-3 times a day. There are several different types of automatic misting systems. I think the majority of us here think the Mist King is the better of the options.
I ordered him this little waterfall drinking fountain and this vine. Do you think this will be alright for him? I saw some reviews of chameleons loving it but I’d rather hear what you guys think, let me know please.

Attachments

• 2CBB9E38-C133-4D46-AA03-B718F6AA4671.png
    2CBB9E38-C133-4D46-AA03-B718F6AA4671.png
    295 KB · Views: 34
  • 30F9439F-7F94-49AF-A8B2-27D6B386ACB3.png
    30F9439F-7F94-49AF-A8B2-27D6B386ACB3.png
    481.4 KB · Views: 31
Waterfalls and water bowls that stay in the enclosure are not good due to the potential for bacteria to grow. The vine might be OK, but it's more about the synergy between the climbing areas, plants, and lights. There is a lot of good information on this site under the "Resources" menu. Here is an enclosure guide. A couple of other excellent guides are located at the Chameleon Academy and at Dragon Strand Cages, just ignore the parts specific to the cage and focus on the plant/stick layout, lighting, and water management.

It's really important that you read these as it appears they got you started on the wrong foot in a couple of key areas. Unfortunately, the big pet stores rarely know the proper information. Good luck!

I ordered him this little waterfall drinking fountain and this vine. Do you think this will be alright for him? I saw some reviews of chameleons loving it but I’d rather hear what you guys think, let me know please.
Hi! I would suggest you save your money and don’t get the waterfall and vine. As another member has mentioned, waterfalls and bowls are no good for chameleons, and honestly you can find and sterilize sticks around your home and that’s completely free. Just passing along some info I’ve gathered as I learn and prep for my little guy :)

Does my cham look healthy? I don’t know why something just looks off to me​

Are you looking for something to be wrong? I've been reading multiple threads where you've asked questions, people have given reasonable answers, and you ask the same questions over again. I'm sorry you don't like the answers, but they are not likely to change.

@charrrmeleonn I get the sense that you are ignoring the other threads that @MissSkittles took her valuable time to go over your husbandry... Absolutely NOTHING the pet store told you is correct or acceptable husbandry. Please read all of the feedback on the other threads and read the entire chameleon academy husbandry section and you will understand what you need to keep your chameleon alive and prevent an early painful death.
+1

OBVIOUSLY, you haven't read the Chameleon Academy Husbandry Program as advised, OR checked the archives, or you wouldn't have ordered either or asked that.
We do not promote the recirculating drinking fountains sold for chameleon use here,
https://chameleonacademy.com/maintaining-chameleon-hydration-systems/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1605140/?q=fountain&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1605144/?q=fake+vines&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Folks here (including myself) want nothing more than to help. No-one has to agree or follow advice given, but when someone continually ignores good advice or asks the same questions repeatedly (blowing off those who've tried to help), it's not only frustrating, it's disrespectful/insulting to those who've put their time into answering in good faith.

Folks here aren't going to give you bad advice/information like other sites or Pet—. If they did—or there were differences of opinion (and there often are)—someone would disagree, and there would be discussion/clarification as there has been.

Are you looking for something to be wrong? I've been reading multiple threads where you've asked questions, people have given reasonable answers, and you ask the same questions over again. I'm sorry you don't like the answers, but they are not likely to change.

+1

OBVIOUSLY, you haven't read the Chameleon Academy Husbandry Program as advised, OR checked the archives, or you wouldn't have ordered either or asked that.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1605140/?q=fountain&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance
https://www.chameleonforums.com/search/1605144/?q=fake+vines&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

Folks here (including myself) want nothing more than to help. No-one has to agree or follow advice given, but when someone continually ignores good advice or asks the same questions repeatedly (blowing off those who've tried to help), it's not only frustrating, it's disrespectful/insulting to those who've put their time into answering in good faith.

Folks here aren't going to give you bad advice/information like other sites or Pet—. If they did—or there were differences of opinion (and there often are)—someone would disagree, and there would be discussion/clarification as there has been.
Hi there, sorry this is my first time in years having a reptile and first having a chameleon and I’m just really worried I’m gonna do something wrong. I finally found and read the information MissSkittles Left. Thank you guys for all your help :)

Hi there, sorry this is my first time in years having a reptile and first having a chameleon and I’m just really worried I’m gonna do something wrong. I finally found and read the information MissSkittles Left. Thank you guys for all your help :)
Having some anxiety about getting everything correct I think is natural. It’s ok to ask about if something that you are considering buying is ok. Many of us have wasted lots of $$ on stuff that is totally wrong. Sadly, most pet store employees haven’t a clue about the needs of the animals they sell. Customer reviews of various products also really can’t be trusted as you don’t know if the writer of them knows proper care. If you ask here, we’ll tell you straight up if an item is good to use or not. However, when multiple people tell you the same thing, you kind of need to believe us. I think that’s where people got frustrated.
There unfortunately is a ton of really bad and outdated information that is passed around which makes it sometimes a challenge to know what is right. The most accurate and up to date place for a wealth of information and care guidelines is https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-basics/ The creator has dedicated his life to chameleons and thru his hard work, collaboration with experts in the field and his special ‘magic’ has created this incredible resource. Following his guidelines and learning a bit of why we do things the way we do is a sure road to success in keeping your chameleon happy and healthy for many good long years. Do make sure to check out his podcasts as they are a further wealth of information.

Back
Top Bottom