Does he not like his Enclosure?

I went and purchased a new xl screen cage for Charlie. Got new plants and climbing ropes. He only been in there since Friday but he doesn’t move as much as he did in his old enclosure with the plexiglass. I ordered a now strip uvb like for the whole length. Which will come on Tuesday. Is he upset with me now for moving him in the reptibreeze? I hope he will be alright
Here is a picture of the new enclosure

Attachments

• 202695EC-4DC8-419F-95C4-1098370E56DF.jpeg
    202695EC-4DC8-419F-95C4-1098370E56DF.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 93
I went and purchased a new xl screen cage for Charlie. Got new plants and climbing ropes. He only been in there since Friday but he doesn’t move as much as he did in his old enclosure with the plexiglass. I ordered a now strip uvb like for the whole length. Which will come on Tuesday. Is he upset with me now for moving him in the reptibreeze? I hope he will be alright
Here is a picture of the new enclosure
Was he pacing or exploring in his previous enclosure? He could just be settling in. Add some branches and vines, mostly horizontal, throughout and add some more plant cover near the top of the cage.

Yes he was walking around a lot in the old enclosure. He isn’t moving in this new one. Stays mostly in one spot. I will add more branches for him but I’m scared how to attach them without breaking the screen. What kind of plans for the top should I get?

I just changed my cage all around on Saturday and my female is doing the same thing. Today I got her crickets and put a few in one spot she chased them an then put a few more in another spot. It forced her to move around and once she learned the new pathways she explored a little bit on her own. Try that.

I just changed my cage all around on Saturday and my female is doing the same thing. Today I got her crickets and put a few in one spot she chased them an then put a few more in another spot. It forced her to move around and once she learned the new pathways she explored a little bit on her own. Try that.
I will give that a shot and hopefully he will move around a bit more.Just want him to feel more him self again.

Yes he was walking around a lot in the old enclosure. He isn’t moving in this new one. Stays mostly in one spot. I will add more branches for him but I’m scared how to attach them without breaking the screen. What kind of plans for the top should I get?
If he was pacing, he might be more comfortable in this enclosure, if he was exploring, which is what this sounds like, give him time to settle in. Fishing line, zip ties, thumb tacks, magnets, and floral wire all work to attach things to screen

If he was pacing, he might be more comfortable in this enclosure, if he was exploring, which is what this sounds like, give him time to settle in. Fishing line, zip ties, thumb tacks, magnets, and floral wire all work to attach things to screen
He stays on one spot doesn’t move around and his tail is curled up now. Here he is

Attachments

• 1186968F-2438-4113-B4AE-4EC6993FBBCC.jpeg
    1186968F-2438-4113-B4AE-4EC6993FBBCC.jpeg
    467 KB · Views: 76
Yeah, he just needs time to settle in. Adding more branches, vines, and most importantly, plant cover, everywhere will really help him feel more secure

So I did a little bit of a change in his Enclosure. We went from this to this one. I moved a few things higher and added more stuff. What you guys think?

Attachments

• 149E9326-C4AB-442B-B81E-FD16D5701F3D.jpeg
    149E9326-C4AB-442B-B81E-FD16D5701F3D.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 74
  • 8D607A81-7091-49EE-BA4F-5C21353CE329.jpeg
    8D607A81-7091-49EE-BA4F-5C21353CE329.jpeg
    333 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom