Does he look healthy?

Just reduce that feeder size and really watch what and how much your feeding. Once his weight starts reducing he will become more lean in his limbs. Getting a gram scale and weighing him regularly will help you know how much he is losing. It just takes time and consistency. :)
Okay. So basically just feed him less? I currently have large sized locusts and I will give him 2 a day roughly but on some days should I do 1?

Okay. So basically just feed him less? I currently have large sized locusts and I will give him 2 a day roughly but on some days should I do 1?
So you would still want to cut back to 3 days a week. Say Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Since they are large you would do 1 or 2. If you buy smaller locusts then you could do 2-3.

So you would still want to cut back to 3 days a week. Say Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Since they are large you would do 1 or 2. If you buy smaller locusts then you could do 2-3.
I feel like it might change him if that makes sense? Because he’s so used to having more. And having them everyday. I feel like I should maybe do 4 days a week possibly5 I just don’t know what to expect.

I feel like it might change him if that makes sense? Because he’s so used to having more. And having them everyday. I feel like I should maybe do 4 days a week possibly5 I just don’t know what to expect.
So it is your cham... Your choice... But he is now fat... Not converting the food for all growth. He is now storing masses of fat in his abdomen wrapping around his organs and in his casque.

They are always hungry. It is wired into this species to eat and eat and grow as fast as possible because in the wild they all hatch out, eat, and grow then mate and lay eggs all before the dry season happens. This is like a 9 month process. Then they start dying off because their environment does not support their needs. Then the cycle repeats babies hatch out grow like crazy...

So if you give them food any food they will eat it. The issue is they also get fat in captivity. Like really unhealthy fat. The fat starts by forming in their abdomen taking up room that their organs need. Putting pressure on their organs. Then filling their casque and arms. This causes multiple health issues including organ failure, gout, and kidney disease to name a few. So we have to limit them. We keep them lean and healthy. Muscular.

So in the end it is your choice. But in captivity we kill chameleons because we over feed them. They live short unhealthy lives. They have multiple health issues due to being obese.

So it is your cham... Your choice... But he is now fat... Not converting the food for all growth. He is now storing masses of fat in his abdomen wrapping around his organs and in his casque.

They are always hungry. It is wired into this species to eat and eat and grow as fast as possible because in the wild they all hatch out, eat, and grow then mate and lay eggs all before the dry season happens. This is like a 9 month process. Then they start dying off because their environment does not support their needs. Then the cycle repeats babies hatch out grow like crazy...

So if you give them food any food they will eat it. The issue is they also get fat in captivity. Like really unhealthy fat. The fat starts by forming in their abdomen taking up room that their organs need. Putting pressure on their organs. Then filling their casque and arms. This causes multiple health issues including organ failure, gout, and kidney disease to name a few. So we have to limit them. We keep them lean and healthy. Muscular.

So in the end it is your choice. But in captivity we kill chameleons because we over feed them. They live short unhealthy lives. They have multiple health issues due to being obese.
Okay. Thanks a lot of helping I appreciate it. I’ll cut down on his diet by quite a bit as I want to have him for a long time and for him to live a healthy life. Thank you!!

It’s tough...but we have to watch their diets. One of my little ladies comes running down to her feeder looking so hopeful every time I go near her enclosure and she breaks my heart. I want to give her an all she can eat buffet, but gotta watch her girlish figure for her.

It’s tough...but we have to watch their diets. One of my little ladies comes running down to her feeder looking so hopeful every time I go near her enclosure and she breaks my heart. I want to give her an all she can eat buffet, but gotta watch her girlish figure for her.
Awww :( it’s like I’d feel bad for him because he’s just there like probably hungry and I just cant give him it lol. But I’m gonna have to start it. His diet begins tomorrow

Okay. Thanks a lot of helping I appreciate it. I’ll cut down on his diet by quite a bit as I want to have him for a long time and for him to live a healthy life. Thank you!!
It's hard... I do understand. I had no clue how fast they could gain weight when I first started and my boy got too chunky and went on a diet. I now have 3 and know what to do and how to do it. But that does not mean I don't feel bad when they come to the front wanting more. But in the end it is best for them. :)

It's hard... I do understand. I had no clue how fast they could gain weight when I first started and my boy got too chunky and went on a diet. I now have 3 and know what to do and how to do it. But that does not mean I don't feel bad when they come to the front wanting more. But in the end it is best for them. :)
Yeah. Got to do what’s best for them even if they want more lmao. But I really appreciate it. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom