Does He Look Happy?

What stays for 8 hrs the fogger ?
Yeah, it usually ends up being more like 7 and a half hours, I turn it on before I go to bed about midnight once the enclosure has had a chance to cool down a wee bit, then turn it off at about half 7 in the morning when I go through to see him.

Inch plants look really cool, had to Google it and realised I'd seen it before under a different, less P.C. name! Definitely adding some of that along with the pothos!
Pothos are pretty ubiquitous, and some philodendrons are often mistaken for them.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=pothos+vs.+philodendron

All three can be used as climbers or trailing (hanging) plants. Spider plants also make good hangers; my cham loves climbing & perching on one in our front window.
1648134247038.png

1648134281801.png

That's really cool, how long do you let him out for? My son is absolutely obsessed with setting up a free range area for him so he can be out and about a little bit a few times a week but I need to get the new enclosure built before we do anything like that!

That's really cool, how long do you let him out for?
I let him out on the Missus' plant table in front of the window for about 4 hrs., 1-2X per week. It gives me a chance to clean his enclosure, my Missus a chance to tend his plants, and him a chance to play 'Gargoyle". :LOL:
1648145789408.png

I should warn you... he HATES going back in the enclosure. He'll always try to get as high as he can, and only moves around if we're not in the room/watching.

My son is absolutely obsessed with setting up a free range area for him so he can be out and about a little bit a few times a week but I need to get the new enclosure built before we do anything like that!
Good plan. (y) If you do, the more plants, the better.

Hope it's OK to keep updating this thread with new photos!

20220329_122137.jpg

His colours have really started to get more vibrant after his latest shed.

He's started wanting to climb on me too, he'll stretch his wee hands up to me until I put a hand out for him to climb on. Then he goes up and sits on my head for a while and looks out the window! I never, ever pick him up, he decides when he comes out and when he goes back. He saw a cat today and wouldn't take his eyes off it😂 He's upstairs so I think he likes the height he's at when he's looking out the window!

20220329_121939.jpg

Another thing I'm getting a bit confused by is the basking light? I thought this stayed on all day with the uvb but I'm seeing some people only having it on for a couple of hours twice a day? I assumed the sun is up all day and he can move in and out of shade of he wants to so why would you turn it off?
I keep both mine on for 12 hours then both of for 12 hours my cham go to bed at 10 and wakes up at 10 every day I give her 2 feedings one at 1:30 pm and one at 7:30 pm around 6-10 bugs each time depending witch they are crickets she eats lots super worms I’ll give her one or 2 and sometimes a hornworm whitch she loves lol she sprints for them

Hope it's OK to keep updating this thread with new photos!

View attachment 322245

His colours have really started to get more vibrant after his latest shed.

He's started wanting to climb on me too, he'll stretch his wee hands up to me until I put a hand out for him to climb on. Then he goes up and sits on my head for a while and looks out the window! I never, ever pick him up, he decides when he comes out and when he goes back. He saw a cat today and wouldn't take his eyes off it😂 He's upstairs so I think he likes the height he's at when he's looking out the window!

View attachment 322246
Awee your chameleon dose look happy and not even to stressed when taken out some charms will turn a lot darker when taken out he seems to be a little nervous with is usually normal for all chameleons but doesn’t seem to bad he also really beautiful good luck :)

Back
Top Bottom