Does Ghann's have Virus?

off topic... kinda... but damn i wish we could get some locust farms out here in the states!!! we're allowed to have hornworms lol...wtf

Ghann's crickets are OK

Does ghann's crickets have the cricket virus?

NO! I have had 10,000 shipped in and there are no problems. Clay Ghann did chose to destroy his largest crickets as those were where the problem was. He is remodeling part of his operations to be sure he has no problems. Again pass the word, Ghann's crickets are fine. He is working to get his larger sizes going again, but all his crickets are healthy.

As I read the Ghann's site, they are taking pre-emptive action to make sure they do not get the virus. They are shutting down parts of their farm in sequence to do a complete clean up and refurb of the ventilation system to make sure that even if they get infected, it will not spread. THAT is one of the big reasons they are short of supply at the moment.

That is what I have heard from one of their sales staff. They have 1/2" but nothing bigger. My vields aare doing a daily worm and eating the crickets I have. There is another cricket farm in Florida somewhere...my reptile store can still get crickets there. Since I usually buy 5000 a week from Ghanns I only get 1 box from the reptile store. I'm going there today and hopefully they will have some. From what I understand Florida is pretty safe from the virus, but who knows.

I appreciate Ghanns taking the precautions (and loss) of destroying their adults and doing a major housekeeping. I'm sure they aren't they only farm doing it right now.

Agreed. I appreciate the measures they are taking as well. I, too, get several thousad crix per week on their breeder program. For about 4 weeks I was unable to get large crix, but I made due with roaches and various worms. It also depends when you call (I have to phone in my order each week). If you call when they are not so busy, they can actually go back and check if any of the large ones are ready to be released (i.e. they just had their babies). That's how I have been able to get some large ones here and there. But they are not sending out their usual large(s) and in the amount they normally do to some of the shows. Ghann's supplies our local show with crix and they haven't been sending any larger than 1/2's, but then again, I'd rather they do that than have them go down the way that some of the companies have.

I have had no issue with their crickets. I just got 10,000 of all different sizes and they were all alive and healthy.

off topic... kinda... but damn i wish we could get some locust farms out here in the states!!! we're allowed to have hornworms lol...wtf

Over here in the UK we can't get hornworms, so I feel your pain. Luckily my chams don't like crickets - they prefer locusts! If fed with wheat grass they are a good calcium rich feeder!

That is what I have heard from one of their sales staff. They have 1/2" but nothing bigger. My vields aare doing a daily worm and eating the crickets I have. There is another cricket farm in Florida somewhere...my reptile store can still get crickets there. Since I usually buy 5000 a week from Ghanns I only get 1 box from the reptile store. I'm going there today and hopefully they will have some. From what I understand Florida is pretty safe from the virus, but who knows.

I appreciate Ghanns taking the precautions (and loss) of destroying their adults and doing a major housekeeping. I'm sure they aren't they only farm doing it right now.

After Lucky Lure closed, I had been buying from them for years, I started using Lazy H Bait 863-675-3109. They are very helpful, do a wonderful job and are MUCH cheaper.

After Lucky Lure closed, I had been buying from them for years, I started using Lazy H Bait 863-675-3109. They are very helpful, do a wonderful job and are MUCH cheaper.

I have read nothing but good things about Lazy H. I am going to have to give them a try

Back
Top Bottom