Does anyone remember The Chameleon Information Network?

Lol, no. I just wondered if anyone remembered them. They had great information back then but it’s changed so much! I just got another Jackson’s chameleon after 20 years and I’m sad that they closed their forums. It wasn’t too long after I lost my previous chameleon that they closed. I had sworn I would never have another chameleon and had gotten rid of all the journals.

They did have good information back then considering how little we knew. It's a shame that the journals stopped being produced. It's a shame that the chameleon news ezine has stopped being produced too and that Adcham is no more as well. Time marches on I guess.

Hope you enjoy your new chameleon!
Welcome to the forum!

I remember the CiN. I think I discovered it in the mid 90's and soon after my first newsletter arrived in the mail.

The DVD and feeder resource in our bookstore comes from that group.

Where the hell is the new issue of chameleo news?! where is the new uppdates on mellerydiscovery.com?! D:

4 of us... I called one of the CIN persons (cant remember name) many times. I did not know better. :)
Multiple times he would tell me they were eating but never figured out the time difference from TN to CA.
Wish I had better memory..

Well, I remember the good ole CIN days. I can share a little bit of the news as I know it.

I don't know the where abouts of the original founder of CIN (Mark Neukom, I think?) or John Annis that followed him. Ardi Abate and Ken Kalisch took over and created the CIN we remember. Ardi passed away a few years ago. Ken Kalsch went on to join me and Don Wells to start the Chameleonnews.com site. Don Wells passed away last year. Ken Kalisch slid out of the spotlight after the eZine. If he is still working with chameleons he is keeping a very low profile! Every now and then I do a search to see if he has joined social media, but nothing yet.

Chris Anderson who took over Chameleonnews.com is still highly active in the community. I do not know his plans for further issues of the eZine, but I do know the challenges of getting people to write articles! That was an enormous job. Podcasts are so much easier because people are more able to have a voice discussion than to put the time aside to write an article! I like that sooo much better :)

It really is fascinating seeing the history of our little community.

Well, I remember the good ole CIN days. I can share a little bit of the news as I know it.

I don't know the where abouts of the original founder of CIN (Mark Neukom, I think?) or John Annis that followed him. Ardi Abate and Ken Kalisch took over and created the CIN we remember. Ardi passed away a few years ago. Ken Kalsch went on to join me and Don Wells to start the Chameleonnews.com site. Don Wells passed away last year. Ken Kalisch slid out of the spotlight after the eZine. If he is still working with chameleons he is keeping a very low profile! Every now and then I do a search to see if he has joined social media, but nothing yet.

Chris Anderson who took over Chameleonnews.com is still highly active in the community. I do not know his plans for further issues of the eZine, but I do know the challenges of getting people to write articles! That was an enormous job. Podcasts are so much easier because people are more able to have a voice discussion than to put the time aside to write an article! I like that sooo much better :)

Well thank you for you work you have putted on the chameleonnews and other chameleon resources. I do wish the issues in chameleonnews continue. I find them more easy to find information in them, I just can search for a certain thing with podcast you kinda need to sit there and just wait and see if the thing you are searching will pop up in the conversation. You can not really browse it. Today people are in podcast, I know over here in Sweden podcast is the hot thing now. Somehow thou the difference between a podcast and the issue in the chameleonnews feel the same as having a pdf file of the information of chameleons and actually owning a hardback book of chameleons. I am glad there is plenty of usefull information just wish the good ones we had so far don´t dissapear.

Well, I remember the good ole CIN days. I can share a little bit of the news as I know it. I WAS SURE YOU WOULD REMEMBER!

I don't know the where abouts of the original founder of CIN (Mark Neukom, I think?) or John Annis that followed him. Ardi Abate and Ken Kalisch took over and created the CIN we remember. Ardi passed away a few years ago. Ken Kalsch went on to join me and Don Wells to start the Chameleonnews.com site. Don Wells passed away last year. Ken Kalisch slid out of the spotlight after the eZine. If he is still working with chameleons he is keeping a very low profile! Every now and then I do a search to see if he has joined social media, but nothing yet. OMG, DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT ARDI AND DON...SAD TO HEAR THAT. I HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT KEN EITHER

Chris Anderson who took over Chameleonnews.com is still highly active in the community. I do not know his plans for further issues of the eZine, but I do know the challenges of getting people to write articles! That was an enormous job. Podcasts are so much easier because people are more able to have a voice discussion than to put the time aside to write an article! I like that sooo much better :). IT'S BEEN DISAPPOINTING THAT THE EZINE HASN'T CONTINUED.

IT IS INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MANY/FEW OF US STUCK WITH CHAMELEONS FOR SO LONG!

ARDI ABATE!!!!!!! That name has been hidden deep inside my memory bank but could never remember it.. Thank you!
Also would like to apologies for all the lunch interruptions too. hee hee hee Before my cell phone years.. There was great advice given on my first pair of fuelleborni's (like mini jacksons) Fun Fun Fun

I remember a woman who lived in the San Diego area who I thought was the head of if CIN but maybe she was a very smart moderator. Not sure but anyway I spent some time with her on the phone about my Jackson’s chameleon I had back then. She was so informative and encouraging! I wish I could remember her name!

Found this while looking up names.. Google is awesome in helping people like me who forget many things. :cool:

"Opposing views, observations, questions and comments are welcome. Please call (858) 484-2669 or write to CiN, 13419 Appalachian Way, San Diego, CA 92129, email: [email protected].

(c) 1999, Ardi Abate, Chameleon information Network. Copies of this article may be reprinted from this website by permission of the author and the Chameleon information Network."

Back
Top Bottom