does anyone have any idea...

squiggles13

what this thing is? It stuck one of my coworkers today.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 208
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 132
This thing would not be safe to feed a chameleon. it has saliva that breaks down soft tissue after a wiki search. She said it felt like 100 bees stung her.

This thing would not be safe to feed a chameleon. it has saliva that breaks down soft tissue after a wiki search. She said it felt like 100 bees stung her.

I dont think the OP had any intention of feeding it to a Cham but he/she just wanted to know what it was. Also, that it was weird looking bug:p!

This thing would not be safe to feed a chameleon. it has saliva that breaks down soft tissue after a wiki search.

So let me get this straight...if it didn't do a wiki search before biting someone the saliva would NOT break down soft tissue?:D

Sorry couldn't resist that one.

I dont think the OP had any intention of feeding it to a Cham but he/she just wanted to know what it was. Also, that it was weird looking bug:p!

He knows. He was actually the one that showed it to me. :p

yeah i have never seem anything like it. i couldnt find anything like it on google so my first thought was to post it on here.:)

So let me get this straight...if it didn't do a wiki search before biting someone the saliva would NOT break down soft tissue?:D

Sorry couldn't resist that one.

everything in the real world is true once its on the interwebs duh

and squiggles is my girlfriend

Ive always called them assassin bugs: their saliva contains cytolytic and hemolytic compounds that are enzymatic (I think), which means they can be denatured relatively well with ammonia or HOT water

if she is unfortunate enough to get bitten again an ammonia-water solution or dunking the bite in hot water might help dull the pain!

Back
Top Bottom