Does a Cham need introduction time to new cage?

FluffyDuff

I litterly just got a Fischer's Chameleon hours ago. The person I got him from was not fully aware of a Cham's needs. He was being housed in a 10 gallon aquarium. I have a 24x24x48 inch reptile cage. Do I need to slowly introduce him to his new mansion or will be be fine as long as I give him adequate plant, vines and hiding places? I am actually going to the pet store tomorrow to pick up some more items. He is around 4-5 inches long not including the tail. I really just want him to be happy. Any other suggestions on way to make him comfy in his new home is welcome. I'll be posting picks in the coming days.

I honestly don't think it will be an issue. I take my male to his breeders house and he does just fine with transitions.

I also just bought a new female and she got moved into a completely different environment. She's doing well and seems happy.

If anything I would think he would start blossoming. I'd just give him a bit to settle in.

I'm in the same boat, moving my 4 inch veiled from a 12x12x16 glass cage to an 18x18x36 enclosure, I am pretty sure he will like the extra roaming room :)

There's no need to show him it and then put him back in the old one......but they will often take a little while to settle in to a new house. Don't be too surprised if it takes him a few days to start eating, for example.
Of course, he may just love it straight away..........

yeah fischers chameleons are usually very excepting to larger cages when i got mine he ran off my arm and straight into the cage he climbed everything (btw same size cage as you got for him) than within an hr he ate a cricket and then a mealworm right off my hand. make sure you mist often to keep him hydrated i know yours did not go threw shipping like mine but if u notice him taking a step and touching his tounge to the branch he is own he is searching for water and needs a really good misting. please upload a photo if you can i think everyone here would love to see him. :)

Picture of new cage.

Tried to upload a picture today but it won't allow me through my phone. I got him settled in his new jungle. I have 2 pothos and something else can't remember the name but it was on the safe plant list. Lowes must think I'm crazy. I also bought him crickets. I am currently gut loading them, but I had to feed him some too. He already hunted down 2. I really want to upload a pic so everyone can tell me what I'm doing right or wrong. I also but a artificial reptile vine in there.

Back
Top Bottom