Do you ever have one of those moments...

Julirs

Today I was looking around the house and thinking, wow, this house would look really big without all of these cages. I was also thinking about what it would be like to just get up and go to work without an hours worth of cham work. And then I thought how easy it would be to just come home from work and make dinner, without first watering all of the chams. And THEN, to top it off, my husband yells from the bedroom that he thinks there is a spider crawling on him, but no, it is just a superworm beetle AND a cricket in the bed. :rolleyes::eek::p:)

And THEN, to top it off, my husband yells from the bedroom that he thinks there is a spider crawling on him, but no, it is just a superworm beetle AND a cricket in the bed......

I thought there was a spider on me one day too, but 'it was a gummybear!" :D

Homer_Computer.png

Wow you and I live in the same world. Not only the cages taking room but I would not have to hear my husband on the subject of another water problem all over the new wood floors - the man has no priorities. That one always pushes his buttons.

And that is why my space is limited to the "lizard room." If it's scaley or has more than 4 legs it goes in there. :) Anything furry/feathered and personable goes in the family room.

ha ha ha......Juli, that is exactly the kind of thing I'm going through right now!! :rolleyes: I believe you saw my post from last week......I'm having to downsize. When considering what I'm keeping vs. what is going, I have been thinking "crap, just get rid of everything if I can't keep everything!" and sometimes I sit and think what life would be like if I didn't have anything......and for a split moment, it is really serene, calm and peaceful......but for some odd reason, I want to hear those darn crix chirping at night....have them crawl out of your purse right in front of someone at the grocery store.....step on an escaped hornworm with your bare feet.....worry like crazy all night for a shipment to get here in one piece (and delivered to the right address).......get mad at the cricket company because they sent my weekly order to my house (in 0 degree weather with no one home) instead of to my work.....finally getting the delivery at work just to have everyone freak out ...... and all the craziness in the morning before and after work making sure everyone is fine. I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Yes, our houses would be much bigger, but a house is not a home with at least 20 chammies in it (and a dragon or two...). :p

Yes, I think about the same thing sometimes. My chameleons have taken over our entire loft (400sf). I have to wake up 1/2 hour earlier to take care of the chams, I leave for work at 5:45am! It's another hour to take care of them after work. I am lucky that my husband breeds and takes care of all the feeders. Our 4-year-old daughter told me there was a live cricket in her lunch box when she opened it at preschool 2 days ago!

I've had those thoughts more times than I can count...and I'm still foolishly keeping them! (I have cut down though from 120ish reptiles that I had 6 or 8 years ago.)

Yes, I think about the same thing sometimes. My chameleons have taken over our entire loft (400sf). I have to wake up 1/2 hour earlier to take care of the chams, I leave for work at 5:45am! It's another hour to take care of them after work. I am lucky that my husband breeds and takes care of all the feeders. Our 4-year-old daughter told me there was a live cricket in her lunch box when she opened it at preschool 2 days ago!

I would have paid to see that. lol

I've had those thoughts more times than I can count...and I'm still foolishly keeping them! (I have cut down though from 120ish reptiles that I had 6 or 8 years ago.)

But cut down to what??

Well...I had 40ish a year ago....now I've let a lot of them go too. I miss all of the ones that are gone. I had two rooms about 20' x 12' quite full of cages and then a couple of cages in other rooms in the house too.

I can't quit completely. :( I'm trying to decide what direction to go next. I would like to continue with chameleons and maybe keep coneheads and forest chameleons (a.k.a. helmeted iguanas).

I kept waterdragons, beardies, uromastyx, several species of geckos and cordylus lizards, several species of turtles/tortoises and coneheads, prehensile-tailed anoles, etc....and of course quite a few chameleons.

I don’t know how you guys do it, particularly the ones that don’t have a dedicated reptile room.

I can't quit completely either but it is sure nice to have a very small collection. Besides the cristatus have enough distain and contempt for me that it feels like I have 20 chameleons. :rolleyes:

....and then there are Ryan and Lisa who have no living space of their own because their place is overrun with reptiles. :D I think Ryan actually sleeps in the tub....:rolleyes::p

....and then there are Ryan and Lisa who have no living space of their own because their place is overrun with reptiles. :D I think Ryan actually sleeps in the tub....:rolleyes::p

No, the Parson now gets the whole bathroom. Ryan sleeps in the back of his truck.

I now have a dedicated reptile room, and briefly got my dining room back, but now I am using the dining room for quarantine. :)

Back
Top Bottom