Do I have to clean the cricket cage?

With a scoop?

I ussually push all the junk(skins and poo) to one side of the tub then put all the hiding on the other side, then wait a couple hours (so the cricket clear out of the junk) then scoop out the junk.

i scrub and disinfect the cricket cage once a week. i dump the living ones from the keeper into a small tupperware container, then rinse, dry, disinfect, wait ten minutes and rinse again and dry. i usually do this on days i'm picking up new crickets which makes it even easier.

I clean everyday, soapy clean once a week. A spatula and a very slightly damp paper towel work really well, just scrape it all to one side and " shovel" it into the towel

Yes you have to clean them alot or else they will stink and die. That is why I hate keeping crickets as a staple. You should clean the bin at least once a week.

When I do keep a bunch of crickets, this is what I do:
Materials:
- Used cardboard toilet paper rolls
- Extra plastic bin
- paper towels or an old towel
- Mild dish soap

Step 1) Take everything outside. Escaping crickets will not roam around the house. Instead they will be left to the birds.
Step 2) Shake the containers/hide boxes (ex. egg flats, cardboard, etc.) so that there are no crickets remaining on them. Then throw them away.
Step 3) Throw in a couple of the toilet paper rolls. Crickets will begin to climb on them.
Step 4) Pick up the toilet paper roll and shake off the crickets into the temporary bin. Continue this process until you get most of the crickets out.
Step 5) Try to catch the remaining crickets with your hands.
Step 6) Dump out all the dead crickets and poop.
Step 7) Wash out the cricket bin with a garden hose and scrub down with a little dish soap.
Step 8) Wash out and dry the bin with paper towels or an old towel.
Step 9) Throw crickets back in and you are set.

I have a 10 gallon glass terrarium to keep my crickets... And a small rubber bin so don't u guys think it's a little hard because of the small runner bin? I should Of bought the big one :/

Back
Top Bottom