Do I have enough lighting?

Deevo

I have a 7 month old Kinyongia vosseleri. He is in a meshed repti cage that measures about 24x25x48. He has a large bushy umbrella tree inside with vines etc. Right now he just has a reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb. Is this enough lighting? He has been doing fine so far with a good appetite and activity level etc. I live in Canada so it is going to get a little cooler soon.

Lucky! We rarely see vosseleri. We need pics!

You'll want a basking light as well, with temps in the low 80s. What is your supplement schedule looking like?

For supps. I have used calcum +d3 to dust my crickets every other wednesday and another mixed vitamin supplement once a month. I gutload my crickets with repashy as well as kale and blueberries.

I have seen him munch on raw kale as well. He loves silkworms and hornworms and the odd mealworm.
945052_4752034812724_518103254_n.jpg

4l08.jpg

1234133_10200093760140696_127938333_n.jpg

hxcc.jpg

This is when I just got him at 4 months ish lol
998394_4697617652329_1945655125_n.jpg

He looks good! His rostals size makes me think he is older than that, where did you get him from?

You'll want to change your supplementing a little bit. When i kept my Kinyongia i used d3 once a month, multi vitamin once a month, and calcium with NOd3 3 times a week.

Ok thanks for the tips. I was interested to hear a supp schedule from someone who owned the same species.

I got him from my local non-franchised pet store for 120.00 CDN. I went in there with the intention of buying some type of lizard or snake but the thought of a chameleon didn't even cross my mind. I saw the label on the enclosure as a fischer's chameleon but I had only ever seen chams at the zoo as a kid and was pretty ecstatic of the thought of owning a chameleon so I bought it. I think there amazing creatures and Im glad a friend referred me to this site.

I have never kept this exact subspecies, but cousins to them. Supplementing will be the same as with what i had:)

Here are a few links.
First one is the sub forum for KINYONGIA only!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/kinyongia/

Second link is from Seeco. He is the guy i bought my 2 Multi from. He has produced a lot of kinyongia babies in the last few years. They are still a "under the rader" cham and not as popular as some of the others, but he has done a lot of work to get their captive numbers up! You will find the supplement suggestions in this short one.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/k-multi-supplementing-66970/

I have a 7 month old Kinyongia vosseleri. He is in a meshed repti cage that measures about 24x25x48. He has a large bushy umbrella tree inside with vines etc. Right now he just has a reptisun 5.0 uvb bulb. Is this enough lighting? He has been doing fine so far with a good appetite and activity level etc. I live in Canada so it is going to get a little cooler soon.

I would suggest more light.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/definitive-lighting-thread-everything-you-really-need-know-80869/

What type of light would you guys suggest I get for basking/warmth? He already will sometimes sit right under his 5.0 uvb or will climb right underneath it and hang there upside down.

Back
Top Bottom