Do i have a female?

munson17

Hey,
Over the last couple of days i have been wonder if my male blue bar ambilobe can possibly be a female? Just wonder whats everyone's opinion.
He is about 4.5 months old and isnt really showing much color beside some faint red on his bars and is rather peachy color for a male

Here are the only other 3 that i have right now, they where all taken within the last two days right after his second shed with me

So were sure its a male? lol so i can stop wondering...or should i still give it a little while? : )

So were sure its a male? lol so i can stop wondering...or should i still give it a little while? : )

No need to give it a little while. I see a noticeable bulge there. Tiny but noticeable. Coloration is not a way to sex you panthers but, I do see some hints of his male coloration coming in. In a few of the pictures you can see a tiny bit of his yellow background coming in behind his front shoulder. Give him another shed or two and it will very evident even to those who have a hard time seeing the bulge now. It can be tricky but there are tiny things that I look for when sexing them.

Edit: Kents opinion should be taken over mine any day but I think we agree on the sex of panthers most of the time :p

Awesome! thanks for the help every one, its my first cham and i really do want a male and it woulda been sad if i had to return him to get another male : (. But it makes me very happy that more experienced member this his a him :D

Look at my first panther, Cerberus, when he was 5.5 months old, he was so boring and grayish. He'd show a slight green tint if I was LUCKY. But seriously, the next shed at the 6 month mark made all the difference, he looked like a completely different animal.

cerberus5months6.jpg

Now he's over a year old and you should see him now!c (His tail is my avatar) So hold on there, if these guys say you have a male, all you have to do is wait. And your patience will be rewarded! :D

Back
Top Bottom