Do I Dust my Roaches with Calcium I feed my Veiled Chameleon, every day?

Ruchris

I have a Male Veiled Chameleon 1year & 2 months old. How often must I dust the Roaches I feed him? Is it every day or once a week? I also have D3 Calcium which I use once every 2 weeks.

I have a Male Veiled Chameleon 1year & 2 months old. How often must I dust the Roaches I feed him? Is it every day or once a week? I also have D3 Calcium which I use once every 2 weeks.
Hi! You want to dust at every feeding with a phosphorus free calcium without D3, except one feeding per week. That one feeding you’ll use your calcium with D3 one week and a multivitamin without D3 the next, alternating so each is once every other week.

For me, today (Sunday) is supplement/chores day. Since the calendar just turned, I mark each alternate Sunday on it with a V (vitamins) or D3 (calcium w/D3). This way, I don't have to clutter my mind with it—it's right there on the calendar. Every other day gets calcium w/o D3/phosphorus.

This is also the day I vacuum/clean the enclosure, water plants, check everything over, feed the feeders, etc.

The day of the week is only important for consistency & convenience.

I don’t want to confuse you but, there are 2 in 1 multivitiam/ vit D3. I feel like its easier so you don’t mix up your weeks. But it’s up to what you like better.

Hi again, Today I bought a bottle of Calcium Tablets with added Magnesium & Vitamin D. Can I use this? If I can, I will put the Tablets in my Nutri-Bullet and get them to a fine Powder.

The thing that confuses me about these d3/multivitamin, specifically d3 plus retinol or vitamin A is... vitamin A is shown to be an antagonist to vitamin D. So using them both at the same time may interfere with absorption.

I will be using my Calcium D3 one week and my Calcium with added Magnesium & Vitamin D the next week. There is no Vitamin A, just the Magnesium & Vit.D.

Speaking on the specific question. The calcium/Phos free serves two purposes. One is to help balance out the naturally high phosphorous feeder insects to an appropriate Ca/Phos balance (Phos blocks Ca). The second purpose is too ensure that there is plenty of Ca to be available to the D3 process.

That is just Ca. When we start to talk about D3 and multivitamins that is when we need to stick to a proper schedule so we do not over or under do the supplements with D3, an A seeming to be the biggest culprits of imbalance.

I feed my Chameleon Turk Roaches & having success in breeding my own. I feed the Roaches a Dry Food which consists of Corn Flakes, Weetbix, Instant Oatmeal & a very few Dragon Pellets, which I put in my Nutri Bullet to make a fine powder mix, this has all the MultiVitamins he needs. Vitamin A he gets from Carrot Slices which I change every 3rd day for fresh slices & the same goes for Vitamin C which the Roaches get from slices of Apple which I also refresh every 3rd day.

Back
Top Bottom