Do chameleon slow down eating during winter

Liamruss89

My veiled cham is a year old or just over but isn't hardly eatting much do they eat less in winter he's not eaten in a while should I be worried he's been shedding for few weeks too can anyone help
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpeg

I would just make sure your humidity is as high as it can get and that he drinks. I think, at the very least, the eating slows down during a shed, and possibly during the winter too.

The humid is at 80-90 I will try and get it bit higher his basking point is 85-90 is there anything else you could recommend

How long does it usually take too she'd for an year old coz he's been shedding a while and maybe had 1 locus and cricket in maybe 2 weeks

The humid is at 80-90 I will try and get it bit higher his basking point is 85-90 is there anything else you could recommend
80-90 is more than fine. Just checking. Otherwise, just patience while he wriggles out of his old scales.

Mine eats every 4-5 days in the winter and every 2-3 days in the summer when its humid out. Im lucky if he eats twice a week in the winter.

Mine eats every 4-5 days in the winter and every 2-3 days in the summer when its humid out. Im lucky if he eats twice a week in the winter.
Do you think I nothing too worry about then he's drinking with my home made dripper just worried bout him not eatting

If that's his normal eating habits I wouldn't worry. You could try switching up his food verity maybe he is getting a little board with his food. every veiled I ever owned always had the eat it now before it's gone might not eat tomorrow attitude.

If that's his normal eating habits I wouldn't worry. You could try switching up his food verity maybe he is getting a little board with his food. every veiled I ever owned always had the eat it now before it's gone might not eat tomorrow attitude.
I get him size 4 locus and largish crickets he's also got silkworms but hardly give him any since I got them I'm not sure what else I can get him I try him on greens but doesn't eat it can you recommend something else too try

Try horn worms. and some say they go absolutely crazy over bleu bottle flies. I think it's the flying around that drives them to strike.

Back
Top Bottom