DIYcages vs. aluminum screen cage from LLL

rummbo

One thing the DIY price includes shipping and LLL does not. I have 3 DIY cages and they are fantastic and very quick and easy to put together.

The DIYCages are true to size but the LLL cages are not. The LLL cages are rounded up to 24x24x48 from whatever their actual size is. I dont remember the actual dimensions but I called them when I was trying to decide which one to get and they told me they are not exactly 24x24x48. I ended up getting the DIYCage and its not bad but I do have some complaints about it. The screen seemed looser than I thought it should be and the pre-drilled holes werent perfect so the door doesnt shut as smoothly as Id like. If I order another cage I will probably get one from LLL just to see if they are any better.

Im not unhappy with the DIYCage but just had higher expectations. My chameleon doesnt seem to mind so thats all that really matters.

I like LLL, personally. The hardware on my DIY cages has rusted, the screen arived loose and crinkled on my 3 cages from them, and one of the doors refuses to close smoothly, while my 4 LLL cages were and still are perfect.

I was wondering the same thing about them...im wanting to upgrade my female veiled to an 18x18x36 (is this large enough for an adult, I've read it is and it isn't) or should just go for the 24..24...48? she about 5.5 inches long snout to vent now and in a 16x16x30 reptibreeze which is actually 15 3/4x15x28.5 and im assuming you all are not fans of the reptarriums

I was wondering the same thing about them...im wanting to upgrade my female veiled to an 18x18x36 (is this large enough for an adult, I've read it is and it isn't) or should just go for the 24..24...48? she about 5.5 inches long snout to vent now and in a 16x16x30 reptibreeze which is actually 15 3/4x15x28.5 and im assuming you all are not fans of the reptarriums

For a female veiled I would go a bit bigger than that. Either the 24" x 36" or just go all the way to the 24" x 48", because female veileds can be as big or bigger than male panthers, for example, and need the same amount of space in my opinion. That size for a female panther would be ok, but veiled girls can be a lot bigger.

cool, my first mind said go with the "big" cage lol but then i was like that might be too much, i mainly wanted it for set up and to have lots of live plants AND ample lighting to keep the plants alive long term, of course so the cham can be comfy too but thats a given requirement and finding linear fixtures that put out alot of light under 24 inches is a bit of a challenge

I just got a DIY cage. It feels sturdy and I like how there is a separate door to maintain or change your substrate or drainage. Also the cost of shipping for an LLL is not included whereas DIYCAGES is included in the cost. The LLL cage is 89.99 now but $109.00 normally.

LLL, Penn plax HD, or tiki tiki reptiles cages. I have had both the older and newer DIY cages and its always something with them. Lose or ripped screen, misaligned screw holes... Functional, but there's better out there.

are the cages from LLL Repti Breeze cages? If so, Amazon's deal of $83 free shipping is the best deal around right now. Just wondering if they are in fact the same cages. If not, can anyone share their opinions on Repti Breeze cages?

are the cages from LLL Repti Breeze cages? If so, Amazon's deal of $83 free shipping is the best deal around right now. Just wondering if they are in fact the same cages. If not, can anyone share their opinions on Repti Breeze cages?

No, the Reptibreeze is a Zoo Med brand cage.

Back
Top Bottom