DIY Misting System ideas...

I do have a question and maybe I should start a new thread but how do I clean an umbrella plant to put in his enclosure?

In a perfect world, you would use standard dishwashing detergent (1 table spoon per gallon) in a large tub, and just kinda roll it around upside down at a 45 degree angle so that the dirt doesnt get wet, for a few minutes. Then rinse off with the hose. This removes any water soluble pesticides from the garden center, and removes all the white dust from the hard water sprays.

In a perfect world, you would use standard dishwashing detergent (1 table spoon per gallon) in a large tub, and just kinda roll it around upside down at a 45 degree angle so that the dirt doesnt get wet, for a few minutes. Then rinse off with the hose. This removes any water soluble pesticides from the garden center, and removes all the white dust from the hard water sprays.
Oh my. This sucker is huge. What if I do water and soap in a spray bottle...spray it down good and rinse it off with the hose?

Attachments

• 20200622_143427.jpg
    20200622_143427.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 165
IDK. I give it to the Missus; she's the plant meistress! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
(...and she hands me the roll of paper towel when there's a big ol' ? to clean up in the enclosure... :rolleyes:)
Mawage and Twue Wove... :p
Hahahaha. Sounds like you guys have a good routine and have managed responsibilities well. Lol. Rosco is solely mine and I think because he is new, he seems uncomfortable with anyone else but me in his enclosure. I'm hoping that's a sign that he likes me a little. Lol. He's only been with us for a month now so everything is still kind of new. Especially with all of this Covid and the kids having been home ALLLLLL the time. He came from a bachelors pad then went to a rescue place when there are a lot of other reptiles in resue. Big difference.

Thats why i said "in a perfect world". Looks like you will have to dangle it upside down or lay it on its side, and spray bottle it.
That's what I was thinking. I just wanted to make sure before I went outside, and started dripping sweat for nothing. Hahaha. It is huge. I saw it for $40 and thought that was a pretty good deal. I have a load of plants in my place. Come winter time, when I need to winterize my plants, He will end up living in a forest. lol. Creeping Jew, snake plant, hibiscus, and I'm sure I'm missing one or maybe even 2. Lol.

Hahahaha. Sounds like you guys have a good routine and have managed responsibilities well.
48 years & counting. :)

All the critters have been "ours" except the lizard (which is "mine"), but she's warming up to him. He's undeniably cute (cranky as he is) and he chilled out with her on her quilting table the other day for about an hour. Now she's looking into a tortoise—or maybe a talking bird. If it's a bird, it's "hers".

I'm glad Rosco found a good "forever home". (y) :)

48 years & counting. :)

All the critters have been "ours" except the lizard (which is "mine"), but she's warming up to him. He's undeniably cute (cranky as he is) and he chilled out with her on her quilting table the other day for about an hour. Now she's looking into a tortoise—or maybe a talking bird. If it's a bird, it's "hers".

I'm glad Rosco found a good "forever home". (y) :)
Thank you! I love him for sure. My husband wants a tortoise too. Lol. I think my dogs would freak out if we had one of those but they are so cool. I agree with you on the bird. Our neighbor has one and he leaves it outside and it talks like a broken record. Hahaha.

I buy small mister/foggers form Amazon, less than $20 each. Water containers are quart size plastic fruit jars, laying on their side with part of the top cut out. This sits on the cage top. Unit is powered by a 24V supply which is included. An appliance timer is set to the desired interval- twice daily for frogs and chameleons. Experiment with container opening size to nget the desired flow.

I buy small mister/foggers form Amazon, less than $20 each. Water containers are quart size plastic fruit jars, laying on their side with part of the top cut out. This sits on the cage top. Unit is powered by a 24V supply which is included. An appliance timer is set to the desired interval- twice daily for frogs and chameleons. Experiment with container opening size to nget the desired flow.
Yes. This misting system is all new to me. My mom already bought him the supplies. Lol. She likes him too. Even refers to herself as Nonnie which is what my kids call her. Hahaha.

Alrighty! I got it washed, rinsed, repotted with organic potting soil and rocks on top. The only other foliage I had in there was the fake leaves up top on the branches which will soon be taken out and replaced with a golden pothos plant in waiting anxiously to grow a bit longer. That umbrella plant took up the whole enclosure. I'm going to have to tie it up. It took myself and my husband to get it in and Rosco didn't flinch at all. I'm sure his curiosity has peaked but for now, he's getting ready for bed. Thank you for all of your help today everyone! I'm loving this awesome community of cham peeps! ?

Attachments

• 20200622_194347.jpg
    20200622_194347.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 117
Very nice enclosure! Your build?
Yep! I built it. I enjoy being a Jill of all (or most) trades, outside of plumbing and electrical. Lol. I built a wooden bench for our back patio and that only took 3 days. This enclosure took like 3 weeks. Hahahaha. 2 by 2's are a pain to build with but I love the look. The boards are cut in such high volume, it's hard to find them perfectly straight and not twisted. Rosco seems to really like it too thank goodness. ?

Back
Top Bottom