DIY enclosure/free range progress

Second picture

image.jpg

That looks so nice! I almost wish you could keep it open, but if you're cham is anything like mine, he'd be out in 1/2 a second. I would say add more branches and vines, but I think you can never have too many climbing options.

Would you post a tutorial on how you made your vines? I go through fake vines like crazy and would love to have a DIY option.

I will be keeping the screen on while I am not around and will take it off when I can keep an eye on him. I do agree I could use a few more vines. Here is the link to the tutorial I used to make the vines.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/74371-project.html#/forumsite/20539/topics/74371

I used brown silicone and just squirted a bunch into my hand (don't forget the gloves lol). I then applied it to the rope and added the coconut fiber. The tutorial explains everything. Just try to purchase the poly rope. It is usually yellow and is sold by the foot at most hardware stores.

Man, that looks really really nice. I wish i had the room(and not reptile eating pets). I think i would do something very similar.

The artificial tree trunk and rocks are superb. I also love the use of the 3x3 shower pan. Might you let us know where you acquired it? I curious on its bottom line cost. I'm always re-inventing for my Nosy Be's.

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback! It really does mean a lot after all of the hard work I put into this. Here is a picture to give you an idea of how the screen panels are put on and removed. Each one slides in and out. In this picture you see the front screen panel slid halfway on.

image.jpg

And here is a link of what is not a shower pan, but actually a washing machine drain pan. I spent about $25 plus tax on it. I cut a whole in the center and added a shower drain to it. The shower drain was about $5.

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Camco-Manufacturing-Washing-Machine-Pan-30-in-x-32-in-Standard-White/50195165

If there are any more questions feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom