DIY "dragon ledges"

ds15

Has anyone here done DIY dragon ledges? I have seen some made out of wood but I was thinking a waterproof material would be better. I want more than 5 ledges but I don't want to spend $100 from dragon strand. I have any tools I would need, just not sure of a good material other than wood.

I used the aluminum framing for window screens to make mine. I used stainless steel washers for spacers. I have seen plexiglass ledges also.

Yes :) mine are made with wood but attached to the frame differently so they are more secure. They are also coated in a waterproofing spray but I cant remember the name!

Attachments

• E65B4ABF-2DE0-4B05-AC1D-B015D825DC7C.jpeg
    E65B4ABF-2DE0-4B05-AC1D-B015D825DC7C.jpeg
    172.3 KB · Views: 403
Yes :) mine are made with wood but attached to the frame differently so they are more secure. They are also coated in a waterproofing spray but I cant remember the name!

Thanks. I was wondering about a waterproof spray but wasn't sure how to find one that was chameleon safe.

Thanks. I was wondering about a waterproof spray but wasn't sure how to find one that was chameleon safe.
I belieeeeeve he used flex seal? I’m honestly not sure lol but my grandfather makes all my enclosures and ledges. I’ll try to remember to ask him!

Thank you so much! Sometime this year we will be selling enclosures, if shipping isn’t too ridiculous. Just fyi - our page is Upscaled Chameleons on facebook if you wanted to get updates on em!

Back
Top Bottom