DIY cage question

vgaines

My brother and I will be building Rebel a big by cage this summer and I just had a few questions. I know that the recommended size enclosure for a male veiled chameleon is 2x2x4 but I was wondering if I make mine 1.5' deep x 3' long X 4' high would that be ok? I live in a small 2 bd apartment and the place I have his cage in now is the perfect spot (low traffic, nice window that doesn't get real hot) and the depth is a little over 1.5'. I can spare more room length wise but 2' deep would cause the enclosure to stick out to far.

Another quick ? I will be getting a misting system soon and I was wondering if I added a Jackson'r cham to the family could I split the mist system between the two cages or are veiled's and Jackson's humidity needs too different. ( it will be at least a year or two before I get a Jackson's)

Thanks for any suggestions or thoughts..:D

Yeah that should be just fine for a adult male veiled. Just make sure you waterproof the wood. If you are using wood. I'd also recommend plastic hardware cloth so he doesn't break his nails in screen.

About the Jackson's that should work fine. I run my mistking 7minutes every 2
Hours from 8-8

Yeah that should be just fine for a adult male veiled. Just make sure you waterproof the wood. If you are using wood. I'd also recommend plastic hardware cloth so he doesn't break his nails in screen.

About the Jackson's that should work fine. I run my mistking 7minutes every 2
Hours from 8-8

Thanks for the info. :D

Does anyone know of a free computer program that I can use to sketch out my DIY enclosure? I have tried hand sketching "plans" for my summer project but I am not an artist, lol.... Oh I would like to be able to sketch this in 3D..

Does anyone know of a free computer program that I can use to sketch out my DIY enclosure? I have tried hand sketching "plans" for my summer project but I am not an artist, lol.... Oh I would like to be able to sketch this in 3D..

A pencil and paper.. ;) lol jk idk

As Dar as I know you can Download a free trial of auto cad but I thinks its a bit elaborate
Just for drawing a cage :D

Back
Top Bottom