DIY cage ordered. Questions.

Trailgem

Avid Member
I ordered the diy cage, large. Anyone know if there is anything i can buy to hang plants of the sides towards the top. Currently i have a plain zoo med cage, obviously there isn’t anything. I hung one of a tree branch, but I’m worried it’ll fall. Now I kinda wish I would’ve went with the dragon cage, but I swear I spend a fortune so far... I’m a little broke lol

I am wondering if the aluminum corners are wide enough to add a metal rod in the back. They actually would be perfect.

Picture is my current cage. See how all the plants are towards the bottom

Thank you!!!

Attachments

• C399DD1B-68DC-42DF-9796-E07A33198E48.jpeg
    C399DD1B-68DC-42DF-9796-E07A33198E48.jpeg
    201.7 KB · Views: 174
You can buy the Dragon Strand ledges separately and they'll help support the weight and mounting of branches and plants. You can also create a sort of frame with vertical branches and then attach other branches and plants to those. Especially helpful if you leave some of the smaller branch nubs on your vertical branch... so you can use those for extra support and tightening zip ties.

I use thumb tacks to secure the branches to the screen. Been holding up for 5 plus years. As mentioned above zip ties are a great resource. Currently resetting up a enclosure for the arrival of my new Ambilobe.

Yeah, bu
You can buy the Dragon Strand ledges separately and they'll help support the weight and mounting of branches and plants. You can also create a sort of frame with vertical branches and then attach other branches and plants to those. Especially helpful if you leave some of the smaller branch nubs on your vertical branch... so you can use those for extra support and tightening zip ties.
But do they fit on a cage from diy cages? I would definitely do that if they would fit

I use thumb tacks to secure the branches to the screen. Been holding up for 5 plus years. As mentioned above zip ties are a great resource. Currently resetting up a enclosure for the arrival of my new Ambilobe.

I really like that idea in cases the dragon ledges won’t fit.

How would you use zip ties? Would you have to cut a little hole in the cage? I really don’t want to do that but thumbtacks keep coming out.

Personally I used a couple zip ties to bind branches together, and today I did the thumb tags. I am not cutting holes in my cage either, unless I’ll get this ledges (which I will) I’m more worried everything will collapse and fall on my baby

Back
Top Bottom