DIY Cage almost done - Ideas?

rajon1080

Hey again everyone,

So I'm almost done with this cage. Each side is about 17x36x60. I was thinking of just putting an artificial tree on each side to make up the majority of the cover that will go in there...but I'm concerned they will fall apart and/or mold. The best I've seen is the link below....anyone have any ideas for a good fake or live plant that could go in there that would have plenty of branches and not as much bushy cover?

http://www.amazon.com/Cherry-Blosso...23586253&sr=8-22&keywords=cherry+blossom+tree

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 176
It looks like you are using an under washer pan. I used the same thing and I run into a slight problem with my construction and it appears you installed yours the same way as I did. The exposed wood in between the plastic and wall will collect water. I used white silicone to fill in the gaps and forced the water to run back into the pan. There may be a better way of doing it but the silicone worked well for me and looks good.

If i where you i'd go for something like nice and big ficus to fill the space. Your enclosure looks awesome so far mate.

Why are you using artificial plants? If you have drainage a live plant would work perfectly with no mold issues. Also help with humidity and the chameleon would defiantly love to be in a living habitat:)

Why are you using artificial plants? If you have drainage a live plant would work perfectly with no mold issues. Also help with humidity and the chameleon would defiantly love to be in a living habitat:)

yeah, good point. I've been leaning in that direction. Can't find anything artificial that will be water/mold proof. The trouble I've had is in finding a safe live plant
To use that has plenty of sturdy branches and is not too bushy.

Back
Top Bottom