DIY cabinet home

ashleynagy

A month or so ago I bought an old bookshelf cabinet and turned it into a new home for AndyBernard. He was quickly growing out of his first home. It took a while to find the right size I was looking for, I wanted it to fit with our existing pieces in the living room. I got a large piece of styrofoam and shaped it, then covered it with coco-bark, I cut a piece of plexi glass for the bottom cut a hole in one end and raised the opposite end. The hole is covered with plastic mesh and I used a funnel from my kitchen which is connected to a hose that drains into a container in the cupboard under the main section. It was easy to build and a lot of fun, I hope it gives someone some inspiration for their own creations.

DSCF3330.jpg

DSCF3334.jpg

DSCF3343.jpg

DSCF3342.jpg

DSCF3346.jpg

cool beans, Everyone will probalby wont to know the dimensions, and then tell you it needs to be bigger i say use your own judgement. really nice, please post a pic of your chameleon..

pretty cool idea. looks alittle short and narrow for an adult male i think. but over all good way to reuse an old cabinet

cool beans, Everyone will probably wont to know the dimensions, and then tell you it needs to be bigger i say use your own judgement. really nice, please post a pic of your chameleon..
_ANO6266.jpg
Interior is 1.5 x 2.5 x 3.5, I know its smaller than most, but we live in a studio loft right now, so there's not much room

Are you sure the stain and finish on the cabinet is non-toxic?

The exterior is non-toxic satin, and the inside is a clear coat finish to allow water to flow down it

Back
Top Bottom