Disliking hornworms

Grayson Payne

Avid Member
Is it normal for a chameleon to not eat a hornworm? My little guy doesn’t really seem to like them. I’ve tried hand feeding and putting it with his food and he is like wtf is this ?

Gotta be careful they’re not too big. Also you’re still in the adjustment period. He may still more need time to get comfy.

If only! Hoping he’ll like silkworms... we shall see

My chameleon didn't go for hornworms either, but she LOVES silkworms. I may give hornworms another shot though, as she seems to be more adventurous in the food she will eat as she ages.

Hornworms can grab and latch onto your cham if they are big enough, gotta watch them eat them, I gave mine a hornworm a while ago tnen went to the store and came back, hornworm had latched onto chams face was thrashing around crazily trying to get it off...uugghhh

Hornworms can grab and latch onto your cham if they are big enough, gotta watch them eat them, I gave mine a hornworm a while ago tnen went to the store and came back, hornworm had latched onto chams face was thrashing around crazily trying to get it off...uugghhh
Yikes! My chams always aim for the head when I give them hornworms and silkies. I often can’t find the right size hornworms, so that is a very rare treat for them.

Back
Top Bottom