Discoloration on Jackson Chameleon

jackson08

I need some help with my cham I have a jackson chameleon that has some discoloration around his mouth under is eye somewhat on both sides of his mouth. He also has some discolor on his back leg on the inside it looks like it rubs or something. I need some help or advise. I heard the mouth rot formula you can buy works pretty well. I just don't know what is going on around his mouth. I gut load his crickets that he eats and loves all the time. So whatever help someone can give would be very helpful. These are pics from the second night I had him. The spots have gone down a bit since. I have had him for almost two months now. He started shedding last week and some of the dark spots have gone away. The first two pics were the night I got him. The last two are from a few nights ago. Please I want to know if this is serious or not. Thanks!!!

Attachments

• thor 001.jpg
    thor 001.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 141
  • thor 002.jpg
    thor 002.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 172
  • funny 001.jpg
    funny 001.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 128
  • funny 002.jpg
    funny 002.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 139
it looks like scarring? i dont know. a few of my chams have pigment issues so they have permanent black spots that are uber tiny. but i dont have jacksons and i havent seen that before. sorry :(
but i do have to say. gorgeous chameleon either way. i'm quite jealous

Thanks! He was in a cage with 7 others when I got him. So maybe some scars from his siblings hopefully!

Thanks! He was in a cage with 7 others when I got him. So maybe some scars from his siblings hopefully!

Chams are tough creatures but when it comes to fighting they can leave some real damage on each other. my friend has a cham with a big scar down its side from a fight it had when her two were free ranging in diff rooms and ran across each other while exploring

Yeah he had a temper when I got him. He bit at the guy I bought him from but he never has towards me. He is very social it is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom