Discoloration near tail base

Jared910

• IMG_5339.PNG IMG_5337.JPG IMG_5340.PNG Your Chameleon - Panther, 4 months possibly, probably a female.
  • Handling - rarely
  • Feeding - feed mainly crickets gutloaded with kale. Every morning I handfeed ~9 and then let some free range. Also the occasional Dubia roach and black fly from the calcium worms.
  • Supplements - without D3 every feeding, and with D3 every once in awhile.
  • Watering - mistking schedule multiple times a day as well as hand misting when I am home.
  • Fecal Description - feces is fine
  • History - none

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - XL reptibreeze
  • Lighting - the recommended reptile uvb light, and a led light for brightness
  • Temperature - temp is fine, if anything maybe slightly warm because of my location in the summer, but chameleon seems fine.
  • Humidity - humidity is fine. Mistking is on every 2 hours.
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Northern California.
I've noticed a grey discolored area around the base of the tail on my Cham. It's been this way for a few weeks now. It doesn't seem to cause her any stress, as she is healthy and active even with the tail thing. Strangely, it only shows at certain times, like when she is a darker shade, you can see the discoloration, but when she is lighter, it seems to disappear. I'm not sure what it could be but it definitely stands out and the fact that it's been there for a long time makes me worry. Here's some photos, I can get better ones if need be.

Back
Top Bottom